Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Ryan Anderson and Brandon Bass

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I know there has been a lot of talk about bringing in Chris Bosh, Boozer and other power forwards, but i think that would be a mistake. We have two guys who are more than capable at the 4 spot and with a little work they could become special players. Ryan is only 21 and has all the skills you like in a stretch 4. At 24 Bass is a rugged Power Forward who can score in the post and has a deadly mid range game.

If Management is intent on putting Rashard at the three then we really need to utilize Bass and Ryan at the 4. They could develop into the deadliest combo in the league at the Power Forward position.

Our most glaring need IMO is a wing who can get to the basket and score/ draw fouls in crunch time. Gortat and V.C's expiring, Pietrus, and or Redick can help to get such a player (Magette, Caron Butler etc). We always complain about the team not developing young players, here is our chance to do just that. Let them play.

you are too smart for this, let otis smith handle it

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Anderson/Bass the most deadly PF combo in the league? lol...

Chances are, one of those two aren't even here on opening night. Probably Bass since Anderson is younger and fits SVG's system more.

And how Boozer fits better in the system than Bass and Anderson?

quote:
Originally posted by gigapika:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I know there has been a lot of talk about bringing in Chris Bosh, Boozer and other power forwards, but i think that would be a mistake. We have two guys who are more than capable at the 4 spot and with a little work they could become special players. Ryan is only 21 and has all the skills you like in a stretch 4. At 24 Bass is a rugged Power Forward who can score in the post and has a deadly mid range game.

If Management is intent on putting Rashard at the three then we really need to utilize Bass and Ryan at the 4. They could develop into the deadliest combo in the league at the Power Forward position.

Our most glaring need IMO is a wing who can get to the basket and score/ draw fouls in crunch time. Gortat and V.C's expiring, Pietrus, and or Redick can help to get such a player (Magette, Caron Butler etc). We always complain about the team not developing young players, here is our chance to do just that. Let them play.

you are too smart for this, let otis smith handle it

It was his smarts that added them in the first place icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

before we signed bass: "bass could definitely start for the magic. he has talent and it's not his fault he had to play behind dirk in dallas"

after we signed bass: "dude is a role player and we should include him in a trade"

You still think he's a starter?

that's not what i'm saying. before we signed bass the majority of the people here were excited and had him in their hopeful starting lineup before the season started. now it seems like he's just a throw in to complete a deal.

if shard is moved to the 3 then i doubt it matters who starts at pf between bass or anderson since both will probably see equal minutes depending on matchups.

If we would of played Bass in the rotation from the start (and kept Barnes on Pierce) we seriously could of won that series.

And yes people, Ryan Anderson IS still only 21 years old. Believe it or not, basketball players' primes are not 20 years old, they do actually get better from there.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

If we would of played Bass in the rotation from the start (and kept Barnes on Pierce) we seriously could of won that series.

And yes people, Ryan Anderson IS still only 21 years old. Believe it or not, basketball players' primes are not 20 years old, they do actually get better from there.

if he can hit the weights and put some muscle on, people would feel different about him.

ryan is too young and is soft like ice cream. stan is prepping him to play a stretch 4 which i personally don't think is a good idea. he needs to be a basic pf and develop a post a game. he's gotten some blocks this season and hustles for rebounds. along with being soft his other flaw is being slow as hell. if he hits the gym and gain some weight and does some plyometrics he will be a decent pf.

bass is a good pf. he isn't even in his prime yet either and i think its awful what stan did to him. just let the man rot on the bench. a lot of people saw the bass signing as good move especially after what happened in the lakers series and stubborn stan still went with a stretch 4. dude must love making his players dislike him.

but yea....i believe if bass was originally in the rotation and got more minutes the magic could've taken this serious.

but that makes two years in a row that stan blows it. how can you people defend this idiot?

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

ryan is too young and is soft like ice cream. stan is prepping him to play a stretch 4 which i personally don't think is a good idea. he needs to be a basic pf and develop a post a game. he's gotten some blocks this season and hustles for rebounds. along with being soft his other flaw is being slow as hell. if he hits the gym and gain some weight and does some plyometrics he will be a decent pf.

bass is a good pf. he isn't even in his prime yet either and i think its awful what stan did to him. just let the man rot on the bench. a lot of people saw the bass signing as good move especially after what happened in the lakers series and stubborn stan still went with a stretch 4. dude must love making his players dislike him.

but yea....i believe if bass was originally in the rotation and got more minutes the magic could've taken this serious.

but that makes two years in a row that stan blows it. how can you people defend this idiot?

Look, we appreciate your contributions here but you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Take a step back for a while. Get some more basketball knowledge before you start criticizing coaches and players.