Sign in to follow this  
ReaL_B3rT0

LOST Finale Discussion *POSSIBLE SPOILERS

All I gotta say is that was the most epic finale I have ever seen, I loved the ending..

What did you guys think? Anyone still LOST? lol

I can try to explain the best I can..

All I gotta say is that was the most epic finale I have ever seen, I loved the ending..

What did you guys think? Anyone still LOST? lol

I can try to explain the best I can..

Ok so the island was real, Jack dies saving it and the end is the cast being reunited when they eventually die (not necessarily on the island...)

Great acting but seriously how can anyone be satisfied with the complete lack of explanations about the island itself?!

yea the alternate life was the world they created so that they could connect with each other again and get their final peace with each other before they moved on. They all died at different times though in the real time which was the island time line. The ppl on the plane lived their lives off the island, Hugo and Ben lived on to protect the island.

I knew they were not going to explain every nit picking detail because there was just SO MUCH stuff. The message/story they told us in the finale to me was way more important then telling us the origin of some funky symbol on a wall. It was pretty deep

I definitely like the idea of the ending and it was great to see them all happy but don't you think it was a bit of a cop out given ALL the things that have gone on over the seasons.

They don't need to answer everything but the whole concept of the island and its mystery seem a little wasted....

Great show...lost a ton of artistic value w/ending by hitting viewers over head w/message & blatantly revealing alternative universe as purgatory.

The way the writters attempted to tie the show up in a nice little bow left countless contradictions...smacked of writters who wrote themselves into corners trying to be clever & coy. Which would have been fine if they didn't attempt to write themselves out.

Cumbia ending completely illogical...leaves impression the only thing that mattered in these individuals lives occured on "the island". Prime example, Sayid reuniting with his love Shannon...only problem is Shannon wasn't Sayid's true love...

Lost in a nutshell, Shawshawk Redemption, longer, more complicated, w/an after life & spiritual twist.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

Great point re Sayid KITNO. There is a pretty good summary here;

http://forum.lostpedia.com/som...a2e5c8a866167b1&

written by one of the producers.

This interpretation contradicts itself all over the place as well. Claiming the MIB was misguiding Ben & the Dharma Initiative ignores countless facts, most revolving around Richard. Replys to this post point out others.

In the Island half of this interpretation, the writer claims a big theme of show is free will. In the other he claims everything happened for a reason???

I think it would be a waist of time to puzzle over Lost as many have because I can't see any reason to saturate the show with such a wide variety of spiritual symbolism unless the only objective was one giant mind screw.

Which takes me back to one of my original points. I believe the show was created with a simple premise of this mystical island being purgatory and the writters then spent all their energy blurring that. If the creators themselves said otherwise, it would be impossible to believe them.

My personal opinion...think Dante's Inferno. The Island was purgatory, a place where the opportunity for redemption existed. The "sideways universe" was limbo.

Dismissing the final scene of the plane wreckage as a mind screw is way too shallow and convenient. That is undoubtedly the biggest clue of all.