Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

Guys have faith in our team!

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

You just can't handle the idea of someone realistically giving credit to the other team for earniing the win. Sorry if I'm not so homer as to say it's all the Magic and not 0% the Celtics.

It's not that. Many of us here are realistic about the outcome and many here have given credit to the Celtics. But you seem to worry a lot. Before the Bobcats series you seemed super worried and now you seem to go back to that state. I'm only interpreting what I'm reading from your posts. How you actually feel only you know.

I'll admit the Bobcats series was probably not worth worrying about (but at the same time I had no idea how anybody could even think the Hawks would give us trouble).

However this is pattern after pattern, and I'm just not liking the patterns I'm seeing from the offense after facing them 4 times.

IF the Magic do go into no-man's land (down 3-1, 3-0), I don't want to hear **** from any of you.

As I've said before, I still consider it around 50/50; I'm just not going to hide that there are some things they are taking advantage of, and I've been trying to wonder what Gundy's got to get around that.

5/17/09

Game 7 we went into The Garden last year. The Celtics were 32-0 when leading a series 3-2. What happened? 32-1 blew them out 101-82.

And we let game 1 rattle us?

'Guys have faith in our team!'

cosigned

How can you not have faith?

We played like absolute dung for 3 quarters and we almost came back to win...

They watched the tape, they know how they have to adjust. Allen won't be as good tonight, and if Dwight makes half of the little hooks or and 1's that he missed, we'll be fine.

People can avoid talking about how the game is being reffed all they want. I have no problem calling them out for how the allow the Boston centers to man handle Dwight down low. I was watching replays of what they call "defense" and it was nothing more than Perkins and Wallace mugging Dwight on pretty much every shot he took.Secondly, i bet Jameer, Vince and JJ had to pick splinters out their asses after the game because of how many times the Boston thu...i mean "defenders" put them on the floor with no call from the officials.

Even Mark Jackson was saying the refs needed to blow the whistle and not let fouls go cause guys can get hurt. I'm not saying calls weren't missed either way, but it seems like every time we play one of these teams the way the game is called favors our opponent. It really pisses me off about Basketball in general. I was watching a bit of the Lakers-Suns game and the Lakers fouled non-stop with no calls and if the Suns touched a Laker it was a whistle. It can't be coincidence that we see it year after year.

Anyway, as for tonights strategy i think the Magic need to take what the defense gives them. Feeding Howard consistently in the post won't win them this series. He needs to dominate the defensive end and run pick and rolls on the offensive end. Let the media ***** all they want about Dwight's post game. The Magic have always done what it takes to win, and that may mean limiting touches for Dwight in the post and let him be a beast defensively. Rashard, Jameer, JJ and Vince can win this series for us on the offensive end. Dwight can get his from put backs, Alley Hoops and the occasional post up. I believe in this team. I believe we will win.

quote:

IF the Magic do go into no-man's land (down 3-1, 3-0), I don't want to hear [ ] from any of you.

Here is the thing, worrying or not, it will not change the outcome of the game. If the Magic lose the series, they are not going to lose because the fans were upbeat and optimistic about their chances of winning.

Even if the Magic go 3-0 or 3-1 it's not going to be that big of a deal to me. Life goes on.

And yes, I am not the type of fan that gets overly emotional about a win or a loss--except for that one Bobcats game when they called Magic a "bully" team--, although I'll feel bad that they didn't accomplish their goal this year, if they lose.

GO MAGIC!!! smile_magicfan.gif

quote:
Here is the thing, worrying or not, it will not change the outcome of the game.

who said it would? all i'm saying is that i don't want to hear what i've said since game 1.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

People can avoid talking about how the game is being reffed all they want. I have no problem calling them out for how the allow the Boston centers to man handle Dwight down low. I was watching replays of what they call "defense" and it was nothing more than Perkins and Wallace mugging Dwight on pretty much every shot he took.Secondly, i bet Jameer, Vince and JJ had to pick splinters out their asses after the game because of how many times the Boston thu...i mean "defenders" put them on the floor with no call from the officials.

Even Mark Jackson was saying the refs needed to blow the whistle and not let fouls go cause guys can get hurt. I'm not saying calls weren't missed either way, but it seems like every time we play one of these teams the way the game is called favors our opponent. It really pisses me off about Basketball in general. I was watching a bit of the Lakers-Suns game and the Lakers fouled non-stop with no calls and if the Suns touched a Laker it was a whistle. It can't be coincidence that we see it year after year.

Anyway, as for tonights strategy i think the Magic need to take what the defense gives them. Feeding Howard consistently in the post won't win them this series. He needs to dominate the defensive end and run pick and rolls on the offensive end. Let the media ***** all they want about Dwight's post game. The Magic have always done what it takes to win, and that may mean limiting touches for Dwight in the post and let him be a beast defensively. Rashard, Jameer, JJ and Vince can win this series for us on the offensive end. Dwight can get his from put backs, Alley Hoops and the occasional post up. I believe in this team. I believe we will win.

I agree. I dont really see why people keep bashing howard for his lack of offensive game. Obviously it could be better, but I would much rather he was a monster on the defensive end without much of an offensive game (that still scores about 20 ppg) rather than a better offensive player and letting his defense slip a bit. We have plenty of players that can score, but hardly anyone who can match howard in terms of defensive abilities. If howard plays a huge defensive game, I say invariably, we win.

Hey guys, remember when GhostAnime made a thread talking about how he was depressed because the Cavs were going to win it all??? good times

quote:

quote:

who said it would? all i'm saying is that i don't want to hear what i've said since game 1.

If the Magic lose the series, I'm positive no one is going to care anything about what you said from game one and onward.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

quote:

quote:

I'm positive no one is going to care anything about what you said from game one and onward.