Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

Vince Carter pre-game ritual??

For those of you who attend a lot of games in person (like me), have you noticed VC's ritual right before tipoff?

He gets the ball from the ref, spots up and pretends he's gonna shoot a 3, then flips the ball back to the ref.

I looked online to see if this was some sort of superstition of his or something, but I couldn't find much.

Anyone have any ideas on why he does this? Just tradition?

For those of you who attend a lot of games in person (like me), have you noticed VC's ritual right before tipoff?

He gets the ball from the ref, spots up and pretends he's gonna shoot a 3, then flips the ball back to the ref.

I looked online to see if this was some sort of superstition of his or something, but I couldn't find much.

Anyone have any ideas on why he does this? Just tradition?

He has been doing it since he was a Toronto Raptor..

Gets the ball from ref, spots up, gives the ball back to ref, goes to the rim and hangs on the rim for a second, saying a prayer, comes down and kisses to the sky.

going up to the rim and bllowing a kiss... and looking up to the heavens.. he started doing that since his grandmother's death... and he just does it to remember her for that one moment...

so it has to do with that...

its surely my fav Ritual ever icon_biggrin.gif...