Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Round One of the New NBA Playoffs

Welcome to this thrilling season's playoffs! As you all know, this (fictitional) playoff season is the first in the NBA where divisions and conferences don't matter. All playoff seedings are based on record, and record alone.

We have some great matchups for you here, and we are really excited to get underway. Please vote (and discuss) all first round matchups listed below. Once the results are in, we will move along to round two, and so on, and so forth.

Enjoy!

NBA Playoffs 2009-2010 Round 1:

Seedings

1 Cleveland

2 Orlando

3 LA Lakers

4 Dallas

5 Denver

6 Utah

7 Phoenix

8 Atlanta

9 Boston

10 Portland

11 San Antonio

12 Oklahoma City

13 Miami

14 Milwaukee

15 Charlotte

16 Houston

Welcome to this thrilling season's playoffs! As you all know, this (fictitional) playoff season is the first in the NBA where divisions and conferences don't matter. All playoff seedings are based on record, and record alone.

We have some great matchups for you here, and we are really excited to get underway. Please vote (and discuss) all first round matchups listed below. Once the results are in, we will move along to round two, and so on, and so forth.

Enjoy!

NBA Playoffs 2009-2010 Round 1:

Seedings

1 Cleveland

2 Orlando

3 LA Lakers

4 Dallas

5 Denver

6 Utah

7 Phoenix

8 Atlanta

9 Boston

10 Portland

11 San Antonio

12 Oklahoma City

13 Miami

14 Milwaukee

15 Charlotte

16 Houston

Interesting that Orlando and Charlotte match up here as well as in RL.

There are three cross conference matchups in the first round.

A first round match up of Dallas vs Miami should be interesting, and a nice chance for Dallas to exact some measure of revenge against the Heat.

My personal favorites here, as far as msot likely to be hard fought battles, would be the Denver vs OKC, Atlanta vs Boston, and Utah vs SAS matchups.

I went for two upsets, San Antonio over Utah & Oklahoma City over Denver. To me OKC-Denver would be a coin flip right now, probably to the team who has HCA. I just can't pick EVERY fave to win, so there you go.

I was tempted to go Miami over Dallas.. but Dallas is just too darn deep.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Lol I'll never trust the suns again in the playoffs. Especially without Robin Lopez. They aren't getting through one of the best western defensive teams.

Portland's defense is mediocre at best... 14th in the league, actually. And they'd be without Roy.