Sign in to follow this  
TheGreen1

Wow, take a look at this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Wow, they were updated recently, and wow... was there a big upset.

Now, Orlando and Cavs are pretty even, that's not really super surprising. Orlando's ahead for making finals and champs over everyone.

However, that's not what I'm talking about.

Apparently since the Spurs are doing well, Hollinger's playoff odds have bumped them up significantly. So much so, that they're actually predicting them to have the best chance to be the champs on the western side with an 11.9% chance of them being champs. Only Utah is anywhere close to them, with an 11.7% for champs. And even scarier? LA only has a 4.7. I know these aren't exact and probably won't mean much when playoffs actually start, but it's really surprising.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Wow, they were updated recently, and wow... was there a big upset.

Now, Orlando and Cavs are pretty even, that's not really super surprising. Orlando's ahead for making finals and champs over everyone.

However, that's not what I'm talking about.

Apparently since the Spurs are doing well, Hollinger's playoff odds have bumped them up significantly. So much so, that they're actually predicting them to have the best chance to be the champs on the western side with an 11.9% chance of them being champs. Only Utah is anywhere close to them, with an 11.7% for champs. And even scarier? LA only has a 4.7. I know these aren't exact and probably won't mean much when playoffs actually start, but it's really surprising.

If I'm not mistaken, last season he had Orlando having a better shot of making the finals than Cleveland. So as crazy as "Utah has twice as much of a chance of making the finals than the Lakers" sounds (it sounds very crazy to me) I'm not going to totally blast the system because he has been accurate the last few years.

Who knows. Can't wait til May