Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Barnes says team has no heart

quote:
its obvious you think that Jameer is a great point guard and for the Magics sake I hope so but to say he is as important to Magic as Garnett is to Celitcs is so laughable

I think he WAS a great point guard. He has fallen off quite a bit since that injury. Whether he wil come back to playing that great, who knows.

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers/Guns & Money:

quote:
Originally posted by magicman44:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

I could have sworn 98% of this forums population hated me when I made a thread titled "Barnes should start over Pietrus" in the first week of the season.

It's okay though, because I forgive anybody that finally sees the truth. He was simply on a shooting slump, and is better suited to a starters role.

To a lot of your's defense, I wasn't alone in this. Many people other than myself will agree that Barnes starting is a GOOD idea, and always has been.

As for leadership, what happened to Jameer?

whats the Magics record with Barnes as a starter?
Have you even watched the games since Barnes has been a starter? His desire and hustle is a breath of fresh air for a team that is just going through the motions. By the way, in the last 10 games he's shooting 54% from the field AND 54% from the 3 point line. Where are you coming from with a statement like that? I'm officially making him my new Guru. The man has balls which is something that is lacking on this team.
I watch every magic game I just asked a question , what is the record since he has become a starter?
You're right. We have a losing record since Barnes has started. His heart and hustle and production mean nothing. Are you some kind of troll in disguise, or just simply in love with MP?
I just asked a question about what our record is with Barnes starting my god lighten up and for the record yes I like Mike Pietrus

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I do think a healthy Jameer would have made a huge difference against LA. Derek Fisher struggles with young fast PGs, look at what Aaron Brooks did to him last year.

No doubt in my mind that if a Healthy Jameer Nelson played that, he would have a championship no question.

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

quote:
its obvious you think that Jameer is a great point guard and for the Magics sake I hope so but to say he is as important to Magic as Garnett is to Celitcs is so laughable

I think he WAS a great point guard. He has fallen off quite a bit since that injury. Whether he wil come back to playing that great, who knows.

6-8 weeks of shooting lights out does not make you a great point guard did you watch the pervious season and Jameer trying to guard Billups ?

quote:
6-8 weeks of shooting lights out does not make you a great point guard did you watch the pervious season and Jameer trying to guard Billups ?

6-8 weeks of shooting lights out doesn't happen by coincidence. 1 week - maybe. 8 weeks - no. All star voters didnt think it was a fluke either.

It was obvious he found his knack but it was ruined by injury.

quote:

quote:

6-8 weeks of shooting lights out doesn't happen by coincidence. 1 week - maybe. 8 weeks - no. All star voters didnt think it was a fluke either.

It was obvious he found his knack but it was ruined by injury.

Iverson and Macrady are all stars this year too

quote:

LOL Can you not see the difference? Iverson and McGrady were unbelievable stars for quite a long time. Their previous success has CARRIED them to be all stars even when they are NOT.

Difference is that Jameer NEVER had that BEFORE. So for him to get voted to an all-star team with NO prior success means alot more than iverson RIDING his past success.

Got any more baseballs to throw at me so I can hit more home runs?

quote:

quote:

LOL Can you not see the difference? Iverson and McGrady were unbelievable stars for quite a long time. Their previous success has CARRIED them to be all stars even when they are NOT.

Difference is that Jameer NEVER had that BEFORE. So for him to get voted to an all-star team with NO prior success means alot more than iverson RIDING his past success.

Is that more clear?

Jameer played all star point guard level for about 5 weeks and he also was surrounded with rashard ,Turk ( who if you ask me ran the point most the time anyhow ) Howard etc. He was considered an all star point guard cause of his incredible shooting we got plenty of guys that can do that

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I could have sworn 98% of this forums population hated me when I made a thread titled "Barnes should start over Pietrus" in the first week of the season.

It's okay though, because I forgive anybody that finally sees the truth. He was simply on a shooting slump, and is better suited to a starters role.

To a lot of your's defense, I wasn't alone in this. Many people other than myself will agree that Barnes starting is a GOOD idea, and always has been.

Have you even watched the games since Barnes has been a starter? His desire and hustle is a breath of fresh air for a team that is just going through the motions. By the way, in the last 10 games he's shooting 54% from the field AND 54% from the 3 point line. Where are you coming from with a statement like that? I'm officially making him my new Guru. The man has balls which is something that is lacking on this team.
I watch every magic game I just asked a question , what is the record since he has become a starter?
You're right. We have a losing record since Barnes has started. His heart and hustle and production mean nothing. Are you some kind of troll in disguise, or just simply in love with MP?
I just asked a question about what our record is with Barnes starting my god lighten up and for the record yes I like Mike Pietrus
What is the topic of this thread? Matt Barnes is calling this team soft, and all you can say is what is our record with Matt starting? Can't you give him credit for being our most productive player in the last 10 games, and appreciate the fact that he's man enough to call this team heartless? I like MP as a player, ain't no doubt about that, but this team needs some fire, and Barnes has the balls to to spark it. Do you disagree with what he said?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What is the topic of this thread? Matt Barnes is calling this team soft, and all you can say is what is our record with Matt starting? Can't you give him credit for being our most productive player in the last 10 games, and appreciate the fact that he's man enough to call this team heartless? I like MP as a player, ain't no doubt about that, but this team needs some fire, and Barnes has the balls to to spark it. Do you disagree with what he said?
I just think the Magic are overrated and people expect them to be great, some peoples styles make things look like they are trying hard or not trying but im sure they are . when you lose by 22 to an undermanned team no excuses allowed