Sign in to follow this  
yeahright

"J-Will can't start because he is 34 and he can't play starter minutes"

quote:
Originally posted by yeahright:

Did anyone think this guy could even produce 20 minutes of quality play when he got signed? Did I not read a lot of comments expecting him to be the third stringer at best? Has he not outperformed the expectations on every level including fitness, quickness and condition?

Did he not have a lot of bad night on back to back games until he had one of his best games against Atlanta? Is that not a sign that his condition might be improving rather than deteriorating in the course of the season?

Mind you he was out of it a year. I for one am truly amazed by the level of his play and especially how prepared, hungry and well conditioned he is.

This is not another "get J-Will in the starting line up"-thread.

I actually believe he thrives in the back up role/2nd unit but I hate all the presumptions that he is too old for the starter role or he can't handle 30 minutes because he's 34 and has bad knees or whatever. All prejudice. Just watch the games and tell me he's not playing better than his last years before his initial retirement.

End rant. Thanks for the attention.

I agree Jason is in great shape and like you said he has proved it when he starts and comes off the bench.He stayed in shape last year when he was out of the league by playing pick up games with Tim Hardaway and Anfernee Hardaway and other ex nba players.Jason said they worked out everyday to stay in shape and he said they tought him how to keep playing a good game in the nba without over doing it and hurting yourself when you are in your 30's.The way he is playing I really feel Tim,Anfernee really helped Jason alot.