Sign in to follow this  
duelingdragons

Anyone else still bummed that we lost C. Lee?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

Courtney Lee: Certified Magic killer of the upcoming decade.

BOOK IT

When I am king, anyone who uses the phrase "Magic killer" will be IP banned, have their house burned down, and all their credit information posted online for anyone to use. You would also be in the house when it was burned down.

What I'm trying to say here is that the whole notion of Magic killers is stupid, since it only works if you ignore every bad game those players have against us and focus only when they play well. But you can do that with anyone.

Look at the Jannero Pargo example. Yeah, on March 3, 2004 he had a great game against us. 25pts, 3 rebounds, 5 assists on 50% shooting.

Of course, he was 1 for 9 for 2 points with 1 assist and 4 rebounds less than 2 weeks later against us. But we ignore that, because it doesn't fit the "killer" BS argument we're spinning.

I agree with you here. I don't believe in the term magic killer but I do believe that he will play extra hard against us because of his feelings towards us ... but we got Anderson and the guy is ballin so I aint mad .... I am very much glad :P

CLee will be missed - no doubt! I'm afraid the "magic" chemistry will be gone with him, Turk, Rafer... It will be interesting to see the impact next season. I was a new Magic fan - not sure how I will respond to this new team. Time will tell...

Look, I liked the guy as much as anybody. He was a solid young rook. But let's not get crazy here. His absolute ceiling is "plays in an all star game or 2." That's it. He was a good defender against guys his size, and tried hard, but he got absolutely destroyed by Kobe in the Finals to the point where he couldn't get on the floor anymore. I would have liked to have him around, but we traded a guy who could maybe be an all star one day for one of the top 20 players in the league. I think I'll get over it.

quote:
Originally posted by duelingdragons:

I'm stoked about Ryan Anderson too, but I don't get everyone putting all their chips on his summer league play.

It's called summer league for a reason...

actually, people were pretty excited about him before the summer league even started. it was only after people started watching him in the summer league games that they felt better about what he can bring to this team.

IM a nice guy most the time.

But No.

N I dont get why we shouldn't look forward, n make the best of it.

Y would u want anyone to be a Magic killer. U care that much about his feelings? He'll get payed millions of dollars. I hope he does well, but its gonna take one hell of a player and I mean the true next Jordan to be a killer to the Magic team this year. This year we're incredible so far.

If anything we should be really honored and very motivated to get Vince Carter.