Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

The Official Trading a BYC player (RE: Gortat) Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

so couldnt we trade him straight up for someone making around 3 million or so [for hypothetical purposes, Carl Landry]

no it wouldnt work on houstons end.

Keep in mind that Houston is trying to get an injury exception for Yao Ming that could allow them to take on - I believe half of Yao's salary.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

so couldnt we trade him straight up for someone making around 3 million or so [for hypothetical purposes, Carl Landry]

no it wouldnt work on houstons end.

Keep in mind that Houston is trying to get an injury exception for Yao Ming that could allow them to take on - I believe half of Yao's salary.

That's how they signed Ariza. They still have their MLE now.

My perfect scenario...

The TPE for Battier goes first. Then in a non simultaneous trade they send the TPE back for Gortat, with BYC rules, we would take back about a 2.9 million TPE. We could then send that 2.9 million (or part of it) in another non simultaneous trade for Lowry. Of course we'd probably have to throw in a pick or two to make it happen.

(I finally made it work!)

ok i kinda figured out a possible trade. im not sure the rockets might want to trade landry or any of their big men because they'd be thin up front so i tried to limit the players involved in the trade.

1) trade orlando's future 2nd round pick to oklahama for nothing. this would work since they are under the cap. the 2nd round pick might be needed to make them part of the deal.

2) trade $6M of the TPE + rights to fran vasquez or future 1st rounder for battier. this would work salary-wise because $6M + 125% would be well within range of battier's salary next season.

3) 3 team trade:

HOU sends $2M TPE to OKC and $3M TPE to ORL

HOU receives Gortat ($5.9M)

OKC receives $2M TPE from HOU, sends out nothing

ORL sends Gortat ($5.9M), receives $3M TPE from HOU

i think that scenario might work salary-wise.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

My perfect scenario...

The TPE for Battier goes first. Then in a non simultaneous trade they send the TPE back for Gortat, with BYC rules, we would take back about a 2.9 million TPE. We could then send that 2.9 million (or part of it) in another non simultaneous trade for Lowry. Of course we'd probably have to throw in a pick or two to make it happen.

the problem with that is in the 2nd trade.

on orlando's side it would work

ORL sends Gortat (5.8M)

ORL receives TPE (2.9M)

however, it would not work for houston since:

HOU sends 2.9M TPE

HOU receives Gortat (5.8M)

looks like a third team really has to get involved.

also, as much as i want lowry to back up jameer, houston will not trade him since they'd be left without anyone to back up aaron brooks if they trade lowry.

quote:
Originally posted by D-White:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

My perfect scenario...

the problem with that is in the 2nd trade.

on orlando's side it would work

ORL sends Gortat (5.8M)

ORL receives TPE (2.9M)

however, it would not work for houston since:

HOU sends 2.9M TPE

HOU receives Gortat (5.8M)

looks like a third team really has to get involved.

also, as much as i want lowry to back up jameer, houston will not trade him since they'd be left without anyone to back up aaron brooks if they trade lowry.

Actually, Houston would send back a 5.8 million TPE for Gortat, but because Gortat only counts as 2.9 million for us, and 5.8 million for Houston, we would only receive a 2.9 million TPE in return. It works.

Houston can still use that TPE to find a point guard, and can use the pick we're giving up. Just got to convince Houston its worth it.