Sign in to follow this  
MO_EVANS

Turkoglu Rant

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

so since using Pierce as an example is "stupid", let's use anyother game. How about when instead of contesting a shot, he stands there like a goon, or when he seems to forget who his man is and runs in slow motion to them as they shoot. if you don't even raise an arm when on D, you are a piss poor defender. so Turkoglu has credit for a few steals the past few games, but don't give him credit for actually playing good D. The only reason he had it was because the player from Charlotte ( i want to say it was Wallace, but i could be wrong) lost control of the ball and probably didn't even notice that Turk was even there. The other times he got steals was because other players played excellent defense and jarred the ball lose. on defense, he is our weak link. any team with a good SF will kill us in the play offs when he's in and matched up on him. i mean, the least he could do is raise his arms and quit flopping everytime he gets touched. as a matter of fact his flopping killed this team last year in the play offs versus Detroit.

according to you, if he is realy realy that bad on defense why in the world whoever he guards dont go 30-40 or 50 point every game? how come we neever seen that... can u explain me that? p.pierce vs hedo was bad, but if u watch bostons games pierce pushes very defender very strong ang gets to line, he is great sf and hard to stop... and last game we had they almost score same points. so thats mean pierce cant defend hedo too?

he is not a great defender and nobody expect him to be... thats why u have howard,lee and pietrus on your team..

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

quote:

so since using Pierce as an example is "stupid", let's use anyother game. How about when instead of contesting a shot, he stands there like a goon, or when he seems to forget who his man is and runs in slow motion to them as they shoot. if you don't even raise an arm when on D, you are a piss poor defender. so Turkoglu has credit for a few steals the past few games, but don't give him credit for actually playing good D. The only reason he had it was because the player from Charlotte ( i want to say it was Wallace, but i could be wrong) lost control of the ball and probably didn't even notice that Turk was even there. The other times he got steals was because other players played excellent defense and jarred the ball lose. on defense, he is our weak link. any team with a good SF will kill us in the play offs when he's in and matched up on him. i mean, the least he could do is raise his arms and quit flopping everytime he gets touched. as a matter of fact his flopping killed this team last year in the play offs versus Detroit.

according to you, if he is realy realy that bad on defense why in the world whoever he guards dont go 30-40 or 50 point every game? how come we neever seen that... can u explain me that? p.pierce vs hedo was bad, but if u watch bostons games pierce pushes very defender very strong ang gets to line, he is great sf and hard to stop... and last game we had they almost score same points. so thats mean pierce cant defend hedo too?

he is not a great defender and nobody expect him to be... thats why u have howard,lee and pietrus on your team..

Actually he used to be an above the average defender in his first two years in SAC.Especially when he defended Nowitzki in the absence of Peja in 2002 playoffs he did a heck of a job.It was on NBA TV Greatest Games last Friday and it was nice to watch a 23 year old Hedo guarding Nowitzki and also being mentored by C-Webb on how to defend a 7.0 power forward.

quote:
Originally posted by bro:

quote:

quote:

Actually he used to be an above the average defender in his first two years in SAC.Especially when he defended Nowitzki in the absence of Peja in 2002 playoffs he did a heck of a job.It was on NBA TV Greatest Games last Friday and it was nice to watch a 23 year old Hedo guarding Nowitzki and also being mentored by C-Webb on how to defend a 7.0 power forward.

in that first game in boston without our starting backcourt available the only bright spot in the first half was hedo getting pierce 2 fouls in the first quarter. then making pierce work for his shots on the other end.

hedo can move for a 6'10 dude, he looks ackward out there but it's probably because of height.... this same height provides some defense, it's not like pierce can throw it over hedo's head into a passing lane and there is alltogether a foot or so of height, when hedo puts his hands up and jumps, that another sf has to shoot over compared to a shorter sf.

don't get me wrong i really hate it when hedo gives up on a play and jacks up some random shot, and i espcially think he should get traded when he runs down the lane looking for a foul instead of finishing strong.

stan said he doesn't have to take this from turk becuase he knows turk is an intelligent person, svg can get the best out of a player and i think his biggest test as a coach is turk's style of random play.

but there is good and bad to almost every situation, and the good is that if stan and the magic team doesn't know what turk is going to do, then i'm sure the other team is wondering the exact same thing when they see a high pick and roll with turk and dwight. there is a 6'10 guy that's pretty fast with the ball driving to the hoop on your shorter and sometimes slower sf, he can shoot a three, shoot a jumper, or draw a foul driving, to which he's an alright free throw shooter... then on the other end of the pick and roll there is a wall of a man who just set the pick on your sf can run faster than most big men and jump out of the building, and if all else fails there are 3 other guys on the floor ready and willing to fire a three.

he's a useful tool, but alot of times he looks like the said tool. in a 7 game series he can take a good amount of scoring pressure in all of the games, and in one of those games he can go for 25 to 30 points.

turk has me back and forth, i personally like the controversey.

quote:

that's because there

s a new thing in basketball called "substitution".

quote:

are you kidding? turk has never played D. look at Boston. Paul Pierce abused Turk. He did make a couple plays tht surprised me tonight but he is THE worst defender on the team.

When I watched the game last night and saw Hedo play some defense I couldn't believe it! There are bad defenders that use their 6 fouls to prevent some shots, but Hedo??? He sometimes tries to use them and ends up giving them an "and 1"

quote:

quote:

that's because there

substitution isn't a new thing.

Hedo does not defend the opponent's best scorer and that is the reason why the people he guards don't score 50+ every game. Hedo is a SF and so is LBJ. You would rarely see Hedo trying to keep up with LBJ. WOW...I used Hedo trying to keep up with LBJ in the same sentence.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

quote:

that's because there

Hedo does not defend the opponent's best scorer and that is the reason why the people he guards don't score 50+ every game. Hedo is a SF and so is LBJ. You would rarely see Hedo trying to keep up with LBJ. WOW...I used Hedo trying to keep up with LBJ in the same sentence.

so if he really sucks, other teams SFs still can score a lot on him because he is bad.. what u said doesnt make sense at all. pierce is SF and great scorer i haver seen he score over 30 on us either. and yes hedo defend him most part.. mostly gurds score big on us if you notice. hedo is NOT DEFENSIVE player and you know that long time. only think i dont like is when he drives he doesnt finish strong,waiting for foul.

but he is the only one at least drive to line unless someone who does 200 pump fakes before decide what to do...

he is great versatile player and can take over a game by himself. thats because he had bad season that makes you guys talk and i dont blame you.. actually last month his shooting and 3s were better untill jameer got injured..

bottom line he is an offensive player and not much to say about his defense.. he can shoot,drive,pass,go to line... watch him after alston arrive...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

that's because there

so if he really sucks, other teams SFs still can score a lot on him because he is bad.. what u said doesnt make sense at all. pierce is SF and great scorer i haver seen he score over 30 on us either. and yes hedo defend him most part.. mostly gurds score big on us if you notice. hedo is NOT DEFENSIVE player and you know that long time. only think i dont like is when he drives he doesnt finish strong,waiting for foul.

but he is the only one at least drive to line unless someone who does 200 pump fakes before decide what to do...

he is great versatile player and can take over a game by himself. thats because he had bad season that makes you guys talk and i dont blame you.. actually last month his shooting and 3s were better untill jameer got injured..

bottom line he is an offensive player and not much to say about his defense.. he can shoot,drive,pass,go to line... watch him after alston arrive...

Dude take Boston aside and tell me if he has to guard LBJ, Vince, T-Mac, C. Butler, Granger, J Rich, Melo, Durant etc. He has no choice with Pierce because he can't guard Ray Ray or KG.

Also Boston's players don't usually score 30+ games b/c of their style it's kinda like the Pistons a few years ago.

You said I don't make sense and I apologize I can't make a come back, but I couldn't understand what you tried to say.

I'm not expecting Hedo to be a good defender, but that does not mean I can't talk about it!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

that's because there

Dude take Boston aside and tell me if he has to guard LBJ, Vince, T-Mac, C. Butler, Granger, J Rich, Melo, Durant etc. He has no choice with Pierce because he can't guard Ray Ray or KG.

Also Boston's players don't usually score 30+ games b/c of their style it's kinda like the Pistons a few years ago.

You said I don't make sense and I apologize I can't make a come back, but I couldn't understand what you tried to say.

I'm not expecting Hedo to be a good defender, but that does not mean I can't talk about it!

guarding work both ways.. do u think granger,j,rich,mc grady vince can guard hedo? yeah i dont think so, most of them too small to for guard hedo. if hedo hot nobody can guard him if one those guys hot same counts for them too.

as you say your last sentence if u dont accept him to be great defender so whats the point arguing..

and no im not just hedo fan, im also howard,meer,lewis and others in this team fan too..

trade dead line ended so u stuck with hedo.. like it or not.. and dont jump your assssss off if he beats the buzzer again...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

that's because there

guarding work both ways.. do u think granger,j,rich,mc grady vince can guard hedo? yeah i dont think so, most of them too small to for guard hedo. if hedo hot nobody can guard him if one those guys hot same counts for them too.

as you say your last sentence if u dont accept him to be great defender so whats the point arguing..

and no im not just hedo fan, im also howard,meer,lewis and others in this team fan too..

trade dead line ended so u stuck with hedo.. like it or not.. and dont jump your assssss off if he beats the buzzer again...

This is a battle you are alwasys going to lose.

Howard shots 58% from the FT line and will propably be that way for his entire career. Does that mean we can't talk s*** about it? People still talk about Shaq and his free throws. There are bad defenders and there are lazy defenders. There are bad defenders that at least make an effort to stay on top of the players his guarding and Hedo is not only a bad defender, but he's a lazy one as well.

Don't tell me you don't get upset when he gives up easy points as well as and 1's...when you know he su*** as a defender.