Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Bucs Fire Gruden

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

You notice the coaches that get chances around the NFL from our staff are on Kiffin's defense, and not Gruden's offense? Gaines Adams is not on track to being a very good player, he showed zero improvement from his rookie year, he looks like the same lost DE from 2007. Under Gruden/Allen the development of talent has been awful except in two areas and one exception....the first area being the o-line, the second being...THE SECONDARY. The group coached by Morris, Tanard Jackson and Aqib Talib are both young studs while Jermaine Phillips and Phillip Buchanon have turned their careers around under Morris. The only young player to pan out under Gruden/Allen thats not in the secondary and o-line is Barrett Ruud.

Gruden was known as a so called offensive genius, he came into Tampa and in 7 years, didn't improve the one bit. Infact, Dungy averaged more PPG in his time in Tampa than Gruden did. The little success we've had since the Super Bowl has been due to the defense, not because of Gruden and his enemic offense.

Actually, I counted 2 offensive coordinators in the NFL that came from Gruden's staff in Tampa, and that late season collapse had next to nothing to do with offense.

Morris has proven himself as a quality position coach & it helped that he was given a 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round pick to work with in the past 2 drafts. But, there's a huge difference between teaching technique & principles and game planning. Something our new head coach has zero experience doing. That's like hiring your top sales person to be the CEO of your company.

I am glad to the Glazer finally allowed Morris to do what they never allowed Gruden to do, fire Bill Muir. He's a good O-line coach, but his philosophy contradicted Gruden's.

I bet all you vocal Gruden haters will be slumped in the shadows a year from now.

Tanard Jackson was a 4th rounder, and as a rookie played better than most veterans in the league. Like I pointed out, Phillips was a scrub in 2006 and P-Buc was cut by the Texans for being soft, and now they are legit starters. Also, you don't want to blame Gruden for the collapse because the defense sucked. Then fine, let's not give him credit for a Super Bowl and the three division titles, considering the defense was why we won those. The players quit on the team at the end of the year too, and that's on the head coach.

I will not be in the shadows for anything. The last six years under Gruden the Bucs have been 45-51 in the regular season, and 0-2 in the playoffs. Throw in the lack of young talent plus the constant signing of washed up vets to try and save face with slightly above average seasons is just getting OLD. It was time for change. Whether Morris will work out is yet to be seen, but the Glazers made the right move.