Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Shanahan fired

quote:
He was known as a genius, a mastermind and, yes, a Super Bowl champion. Shockingly, though, Mike Shanahan has a new title: Unemployed coach.

Shanahan became the latest and most stunning victim of the NFL coaching purge, fired Tuesday by the Denver Broncos after a late-season collapse knocked the team out of the playoffs for the third straight year.

Shanahan became the fourth coach to be fired this week, joining Eric Mangini, Rod Marinelli and Romeo Crennel, after going 24-24 over the last three seasons. That included three straight losses this year that turned a three-game division lead to an 8-8 record.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApZvW0ycjeGCD4PK0...ed&prov=ap&type=lgns

bucs should get him and fire Chucky.

quote:
He was known as a genius, a mastermind and, yes, a Super Bowl champion. Shockingly, though, Mike Shanahan has a new title: Unemployed coach.

Shanahan became the latest and most stunning victim of the NFL coaching purge, fired Tuesday by the Denver Broncos after a late-season collapse knocked the team out of the playoffs for the third straight year.

Shanahan became the fourth coach to be fired this week, joining Eric Mangini, Rod Marinelli and Romeo Crennel, after going 24-24 over the last three seasons. That included three straight losses this year that turned a three-game division lead to an 8-8 record.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApZvW0ycjeGCD4PK0...ed&prov=ap&type=lgns

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Gruden is a great football coach. What the Bucs need from Denver is Jay Cutler.

What has he done to prove he is a good coach though? I know he won the super bowl, but how long ago was that? Shanahan won multiple super bowls and kept that franchise in mediocrity while fielding pretty bad teams. A lot of coaches have been fired for less.

In his 11 years coaching his winning % is .540

In his 7 years at tampa he is 57-55 .509%

If you subtract the super bowl season he is 45-51 with 2 playoff appearances and 0 wins. 3 losing seasons and only one double digit winning season.

so once again, what makes him a good coach? I'm honestly asking this question because i'm only a casual Buc fan because they're on TV here every week.

quote:

What has he done to prove he is a good coach though? I know he won the super bowl, but how long ago was that? Shanahan won multiple super bowls and kept that franchise in mediocrity while fielding pretty bad teams. A lot of coaches have been fired for less.

If you subtract the super bowl season he is 45-51 with 2 playoff appearances and 0 wins. 3 losing seasons and only one double digit winning season.

so once again, what makes him a good coach? I'm honestly asking this question because i'm only a casual Buc fan because they're on TV here every week.

The answer is longer that I want to post right now, but I believe Chucky is as good a coach as there is in the NFL.

Since winning the SB, their talent declined sharply, and they are in the process of rebuilding it. With Gruden, as an offensive coach, it begins & ends at QB, and he's yet to have a QB capable of executing his offense. Garcia does 2 things well, he avoids turnovers, and moves the chains. But, he leaves more plays on the field than Trent Dilfer. Outside of Carnell Williams rookie year, Tampa has had an awful situation at RB as well. Honestly, I garuantee you I could run a faster 40 than Earnest Graham, and I haven't stepped on a football field in over a decade.

I think Shannahan is among the top 10 coaches in the NFL as well and Denver firing him is a HUGE mistake. Their RB situation was a disaster this season and they need a better D. Shannahan has a very abrasive personality & my guess is that it finally collided with their arrogent owner.

Gruden is 3x the coach Jeff Fischer is and I think Fischer is a decent coach. Tennessee stayed with him for 3 years while their team stunk & it's paid off. If the Bucs fired Gruden, I can't think of a single replacement anybody could consider an upgrade. Cowher & Parcells would not be committed to a long term stint, so that would be like hiring Larry Brown.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

The answer is longer that I want to post right now, but I believe Chucky is as good a coach as there is in the NFL.

Since winning the SB, their talent declined sharply, and they are in the process of rebuilding it. With Gruden, as an offensive coach, it begins & ends at QB, and he's yet to have a QB capable of executing his offense. Garcia does 2 things well, he avoids turnovers, and moves the chains. But, he leaves more plays on the field than Trent Dilfer. Outside of Carnell Williams rookie year, Tampa has had an awful situation at RB as well. Honestly, I garuantee you I could run a faster 40 than Earnest Graham, and I haven't stepped on a football field in over a decade.

I think Shannahan is among the top 10 coaches in the NFL as well and Denver firing him is a HUGE mistake. Their RB situation was a disaster this season and they need a better D. Shannahan has a very abrasive personality & my guess is that it finally collided with their arrogent owner.

Gruden is 3x the coach Jeff Fischer is and I think Fischer is a decent coach. Tennessee stayed with him for 3 years while their team stunk & it's paid off. If the Bucs fired Gruden, I can't think of a single replacement anybody could consider an upgrade. Cowher & Parcells would not be committed to a long term stint, so that would be like hiring Larry Brown.

earnest graham reminds me of samkon gado. He has some great statistical games for reasons unexplainable.

Is Gruden in charge of the draft? I know the main reason for (my team) the Giants recent success is the drafting prowess of Jerry Reese and Earnie Accorsi getting value out of every pick.

The bucs should see if they can get Graham Harrell in the second or third round.