Sign in to follow this  
no_ma'am

did kiffin check out mentally for the bucs

i'm a dolphin fan, but i think i've seen 14-15 bucs games this year because they're on every week.

As soon as it was reported that kiffin would follow his son to Ten, the bucs D took a nosedive like i've never seen. Was this a result of kiffin not doing proper prepartion for the games or his D not playing as hard for him since he was a lame duck?

Brooks (who doesn't get nearly the recognition for his stellar career that he should) was obviously hurt, but they were fairly healthy overall, so i don't see how injuries could be an excuse.

also, seeing cadillac get hurt again almost broke my heart because you could tell he knew what he was facing. That has to be really tough for him.

i'm a dolphin fan, but i think i've seen 14-15 bucs games this year because they're on every week.

As soon as it was reported that kiffin would follow his son to Ten, the bucs D took a nosedive like i've never seen. Was this a result of kiffin not doing proper prepartion for the games or his D not playing as hard for him since he was a lame duck?

Brooks (who doesn't get nearly the recognition for his stellar career that he should) was obviously hurt, but they were fairly healthy overall, so i don't see how injuries could be an excuse.

also, seeing cadillac get hurt again almost broke my heart because you could tell he knew what he was facing. That has to be really tough for him.

It was a major distraction at the very least. Kiffen continued to do his job and it's not like the players quit on him intentionally, but these situations rarely play out well. Coaches & players just seem to check out mentally when they've checked out & competition is 90% mental.

FSU was awful in the championship game against OU with Mark Richt as OC. The Seahawks were awful this year with lame duck Holmgren.

I believe in the old Bo Schembechler philosophy, if you aren't wish us, you're against us, and "I want a Michigan man coaching a Michigan team". That seemed to work out a lot better.

Hovan & Haye were pretty dinged up as well down the stretch, but Tampa went from a team that gave up 1 rushing TD through 12 to giving up 700 rushing yards & like 7 rushing TD's in the final 4 games.