Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2021 Trade Deadline Thread

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

To clarify, I understand that there might be pain at the end of this rebuild, but not trying to make moves would have been a million times worse as a fan.

bang on mate. Im so excited for whats next, looking forward to the draft and the youngsters develop. If we kept that status quo then that would of just about seen me out. I have hated the last few years to be honest. Full of hope and optimism going foward. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

To clarify, I understand that there might be pain at the end of this rebuild, but not trying to make moves would have been a million times worse as a fan.

This.

WCJ and Bamba are going into a battle to earn their next contract I hope. Both have doubts about motor and willingness. As I imagine we arent' going to sign both to big extensions, I hope there will be competition and pushing each other. If we're not going to play 40 minutes of Birch at least... :P (and I actually love Khem!)

the TPE could easily going unused. Would be strange to make deals to shred salaries, and then add more with an exception...

8 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

This.

WCJ and Bamba are going into a battle to earn their next contract I hope. Both have doubts about motor and willingness. As I imagine we arent' going to sign both to big extensions, I hope there will be competition and pushing each other. If we're not going to play 40 minutes of Birch at least... :P (and I actually love Khem!)

the TPE could easily going unused. Would be strange to make deals to shred salaries, and then add more with an exception...

I wish we had done this last year. I don't like the idea of ending the year with Bamba,Birch and WCJ on the team. It shows me they still don't get it. The TPE lasts one full year. Instead of thinking of it as a way to add a player, think of it as a way to add an asset. If we keep our cap space open which we should instead of throwing money at a mediocre player. Next year two teams can make a trade and we use the TPE to absorb an unwanted player on the last year of his contract. We get a pick. 

18 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I have no doubt you’ll still be here after all the time you’ve been part of this forum.  There aren’t that many of us “die-hards”.  Whether you’ll still be excited by the new start at that point is what I’m wondering.  Hopefully it will all work out well.  

Right. I wrote a follow up because my words could’ve read as confrontational. I apologize 

I understand that you weren’t questioning my fandom

I suppose the reason the Magic traded Vuc is to develop Bamba. But how long do we have to wait for this experiment to turn Bamba into a dominant to serviceable center?

I have to admit that I didn't watch the game from beginning to end. But  Bamba's movements seems like he is confused about what he is suppose to do or where he is suppose to be on offense. It was like he was moving in slow motion.  I was pulling for him but my body went into 'strain mode' while watching him. 

Last night he got lucky on a couple of shots, but he was chucking several 3's and missing. When he made a shot, he celebrated  with a look on his face like, "There, I made one!"

12 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I suppose the reason the Magic traded Vuc is to develop Bamba. But how long do we have to wait for this experiment to turn Bamba into a dominant to serviceable center?

I have to admit that I didn't watch the game from beginning to end. But  Bamba's movements seems like he is confused about what he is suppose to do or where he is suppose to be on offense. It was like he was moving in slow motion.  I was pulling for him but my body went into 'strain mode' while watching him. 

Last night he got lucky on a couple of shots, but he was chucking several 3's and missing. When he made a shot, he celebrated  with a look on his face like, "There, I made one!"

I think I’m surprised Bamba is not picking up the game more quickly. While work ethic was questioned in the beginning, his intelligence was not as he was known to love to read and have intelligent discussion. So I would assume someone with physical gifts and a sharp mind would turn into a solid role player at least if the killer instinct was not there. 

So I guess I’m confused as to why Bamba hasn’t matured more in his understanding of positioning and his role. 

• Like 1

When do teams start playing their newly acquired players? Fournier is on the injury list for the Celtics game tonight.

Gordon and Clark are on the injury list for the Nuggets' game tomorrow night.

I just want to watch our former players on their new team. For those who think I have a motive--no, I do not.

I hope they make major contributions on their new team. I wish them nothing but the best unless when their team play against the Magic. 

Edit: Are these players actually injured or are the teams they are playing for giving them time to become acclimated with a new style of play or game plan?

16 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

When do teams start playing their newly acquired players? Fournier is on the injury list for the Celtics game tonight.

Gordon and Clark are on the injury list for the Nuggets' game tomorrow night.

I just want to watch our former players on their new team. For those who think I have a motive--no, I do not.

I hope they make major contributions on their new team. I wish them nothing but the best unless when their team play against the Magic. 

Edit: Are these players actually injured or are the teams they are playing for giving them time to become acclimated with a new style of play or game plan?

Once they pass their physicals the trades are final and they all should all be good to play, so it really just comes down to situational coaching decisions. From what I’m hearing about Fournier, he should be able to go tonight, haven’t heard about Vooch but I assume the same. I’m in Denver and Aaron just did his welcome press conference, I fully expect him to suit up tomorrow. All 3 teams are playing for seeding so I expect them to play ASAP.

As for us, David Steele said last night he expects all the new guys to be available tomorrow night in LA

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Once they pass their physicals the trades are final and they all should all be good to play, so it really just comes down to situational coaching decisions. From what I’m hearing about Fournier, he should be able to go tonight, haven’t heard about Vooch but I assume the same. I’m in Denver and Aaron just did his welcome press conference, I fully expect him to suit up tomorrow. All 3 teams are playing for seeding so I expect them to play ASAP.

As for us, David Steele said last night he expects all the new guys to be available tomorrow night in LA

I didn't notice on the ESPN schedule that the Bulls are playing tonight. I just checked their injury list and Vuc is not on it.

I just saw that Stephen A said that the Bulls acquiring Vuc is 'big time'.

Thanks for the info All Eyes On Me.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I didn't notice on the ESPN schedule that the Bulls are playing tonight. I just checked their injury list and Vuc is not on it.

I just saw that Stephen A said that the Bulls acquiring Vuc is 'big time'.

Thanks for the info All Eyes On Me.

Looks like Evan is in the health and safety protocols for potential Covid exposure in Boston, so his debut is kind of up in the air

25 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like Evan is in the health and safety protocols for potential Covid exposure in Boston, so his debut is kind of up in the air

Is it because Evan has spent a lot of time in Florida because Florida has been a hotspot for Covid or does the protocol apply to visitors from any state who will be there long term?

21 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Is it because Evan has spent a lot of time in Florida because Florida has been a hotspot for Covid or does the protocol apply to visitors from any state who will be there long term?

The nba rules are more toward player and their decisions off the court more than anything else. Maybe Evan went to a palace or party he shouldn’t have? Don’t want to accuse, it’s all speculation at the moment