CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

I'll be watching live so I'll just save you the time and break the news ahead of time -- we pick 6th and Chicago jumped to 3rd.  Sleep well.

Pain. 

He [Mitchell] forged an unbreakable bond with Baylor graduate assistants Rem Bakamus and Matt Gray, who Mitchell regularly credits for his development. Eventually branded the "4 a.m. crew," he and Teague would arrive at the gym well before the sun rose, getting in an early workout, then practicing, then coming back at night to make 300 3-pointers and work on the passes that they struggled with on the film from practice that day. Mitchell lived in an apartment right across from the gym with the intent of having easy access to around-the-clock development...

Will he end up as some type of mini-Donovan Mitchell and a perennial All-Star? Will he have a career closer to that of Kyle Lowry, or make an impact as a smaller Holiday? Can he be Walker on the offensive end of the floor? Time will tell, but if they don't know already, NBA scouts will soon find out that Mitchell is the draft's most NBA-ready prospect, a starter from day one with future All-Star potential, and someone they'd be wise to bet on even if he defies conventional scouting logic.”

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31639637/nba-draft-2021-why-davion-mitchell-draft-most-nba-ready-prospect

This is such a good article on Mitchell. Schmitz says Mitchell is one of the most respected prospects he’s ever evaluated.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:33 AM, CTMagicUK said:

I have literally no belief that we're lucky enough to get Cade but I've spent a considerable amount of time thinking about how he fits with our guys on this roster... 

I'm not stopping up to watch the lottery on Tuesday either. Just going to go to bed and hope to wake up to some great news. 

Remember to stay positive, we get 1 & 8 !!!  Sweet !!!!

There are a bunch of second round guys I like in this draft that I've mentioned previously but if I was drafting to just have the most fun I'd definitely draft Sandro Mamukelashvili.

I'm a sucker for non smalls who can handle and pass and his combination of mobility, passing, vision and ball handling for a legit big is just great to watch. I hope he finds a role in the league on a team that will use him to his strengths. 

In my dream world we manage to pick him up as a UFA.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-draft-workouts/

Unsurprising to see our list blank considering our tight lipped FO. 

I am and I’m not surprised actually. Since we could have two picks in the top twelve, or only one in the top 7, it isn’t too odd we aren’t scheduling for those yet. But I am surprised we haven’t started scheduling guys for the 33rd pick. I wonder if that means we’re looking to trade that pick.

11 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I am and I’m not surprised actually. Since we could have two picks in the top twelve, or only one in the top 7, it isn’t too odd we aren’t scheduling for those yet. But I am surprised we haven’t started scheduling guys for the 33rd pick. I wonder if that means we’re looking to trade that pick.

Even if we were planning on trading that pick we still wouldn't waste the opportunity to have guys work out or interview etc because that's useful information to have down the line if you get the opportunity to trade for a guy or pick him up as a free agent. 

It def is disheartening to run Tankathon and watch us on average receive 6 and 8 or 5 and 8

The most common scenario is 5/8 then 6/9 then 5/9 then 2/9 even 1/4 or even worse 5/4 or 7/4 then 4/2 (ugh) - every now and then its 1/8.

I did get a 7/10 and that was cry in my shoulder, close the window and come back the next day disheartening

i was referencing Pick order as (Orl)/(Chi)

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to package a 4 and 8 to a team to move up to 1 or 2? or our 3-5 pick we might get plus a player to move up to 1 or 2.

Would they even do that. ugh i dont like the new draft odds.

Hi Nates Room

If You look back a page, I ran the tankathon over 200 times while watching the playoffs

My very unscientific results are posted lol

but in brief   yes 6th and 9th came up the most for our pics

but 1/9 was the combination that came up the most