Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

If we end up picking someone who can’t shoot with our first pick, I’m gonna have a Soul tantrum up in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 3:20 AM, Babir_9 said:

It will be an absolute disaster not to get a 1-4 draft pick this year...

again we are winning meaningless games to end up with the average talent instead of future all stars....

We have at least a 50-50 chance of not being in the top 4 no matter where we land.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 11:13 AM, hootie249 said:

   It's all still up in the air. I just used the tankathon simulator.  Pressed it 10 times and we were in the top four more then half of the time. You know what that means?

Absolutely nothing. It's random, yes if i did it 10,000 times the teams ahead of us would be there more often. Yes we all understand how we can get pushed back farther, but what can we do? It's going to be a long time to till lottery night, at least this sub is realistic about all this. 

I'm starting to be a big fan of Moody and Giddey. 

Well said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 4:52 PM, Soul Bro said:

There’s no way I want to pull our hungry rooks who are balling to intentionally lose. That will create a toxic culture. Do I want a top pick? Absolutely... but let’s not sabotage the young guys in the process.

Could not agree more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 9:18 PM, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

OKC, CLE, and DET all going to lose tonight. I get what you all say about our young guys winning, growing, etc., but when you watch those teams that tank for real take the Greens, the Cades, the Balls, Suggs etc., and we end up with 6 or 7 in a 5 player draft you have to really think about it...

The percentage difference for getting a top 4 pick for the bottom 5 teams is very small.  Not nearly worth sabotaging our young players.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

The percentage difference for getting a top 4 pick for the bottom 5 teams is very small.  Not nearly worth sabotaging our young players.  

In reality if we end up 5th from the bottom our highest percentage is 25% for pick number 7!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

In reality if we end up 5th from the bottom our highest percentage is 25% for pick number 7!

I was talking about the chance of getting a top 4 pick.  If you don’t get that, I’m not sure how important it is to get pick 5 vs pick 7.  The chance of getting a top four pick for the very worst team is 52%.  The chance of getting a top four pick for the 5th worst team is about 45%.   That 7 percent difference means that every 14 years on average, you’ll get one extra pick in the top four as the worst team rather than the fifth worst team.  For that it’s worth screwing up your young players by telling them to lose??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very intrigued by Jaden Springer. By my reckoning he's the youngest NCAA prospect in the draft (only international guys are younger that I can find are Giddey and Roko Prkacin, EDIT: Kuminga is also younger). I read recently that he forced a turnover on 26% of possessions where he guarded the ball handler in iso or PnR. That's mad. He also has a great statistical profile, Block and steal %s over 2. Over 40% FT rate. Actually shot well from 3 (on low volume and versatility but it's a good start). 

I think he should be a top 10 prospect in this draft and I'm not sure why people have Keon Johnson so much higher than him. After looking into both of them a little more. 

My top 10 right now is probably something like:

1. Cade

2a. Mobley

2b. Green

4. Suggs

5. Giddey

6. Springer

7. Kuminga

8. Sengun

9. Moody

10a. Barnes

10b. Wagner

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just FYI the KOC draft guide at The Ringer has been updated and in my opinion both the rankings and the player comps are bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Very intrigued by Jaden Springer. By my reckoning he's the youngest NCAA prospect in the draft (only international guys are younger that I can find are Giddey and Roko Prkacin, EDIT: Kuminga is also younger). I read recently that he forced a turnover on 26% of possessions where he guarded the ball handler in iso or PnR. That's mad. He also has a great statistical profile, Block and steal %s over 2. Over 40% FT rate. Actually shot well from 3 (on low volume and versatility but it's a good start). 

I think he should be a top 10 prospect in this draft and I'm not sure why people have Keon Johnson so much higher than him. After looking into both of them a little more. 

My top 10 right now is probably something like:

1. Cade

2a. Mobley

2b. Green

4. Suggs

5. Giddey

6. Springer

7. Kuminga

8. Sengun

9. Moody

10a. Barnes

10b. Wagner

I’m guessing the reason Springer is so low in mocks is because his release is slow and he supposedly struggled in the pick and roll. I watched two UT games and barely remember him. Meanwhile, his teammate Johnson is extremely raw. You’ve now got me curious about Giddey, though I don’t know if he’ll pass the WeltHam two-way test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×