Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

And for natesroom, the old lottery was the draw 3. The new lottery has a draw 4 since 2019 to directly counter tanking. They also flattened the odds up top. The only reason tanking is epic this year two teams wound up being much worse then expected and owe their pick if it isn't at the top(Wolves,Rockets).OKC completely blew it up and this might be the only year they can honestly tank. Detroit just paid Griffin 68 million dollars to not play and drafted 3 rookies last draft. And finally we completely blew it up, but of course we aren't tanking. Let's see who they play the last 15 games. My guess is they play Harris just enough to show he is healthy then "shut" him down with 2 or 3 weeks to go.

Magic status. Players that need to play if your Pro Tank. Cole,Rj,Bamba,Chuma,Bacon. Players that could help us either win or lose but are not worried about getting another paycheck or job Harris,Porter,Ross. Players playing for another job or to prove they belong. Ennis,MCW,Cannady,Randle and i'll add Bacon to this list too. Bacon is playing to stay in the NBA but he will shoot you out of two games for every game he plays well. WCJ belongs in a special category. Obviously he needs to play, and will play a ton of minutes. If Bamba stays healthy i also see him getting shut down in the last two weeks with a mystery injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

And for natesroom, the old lottery was the draw 3. The new lottery has a draw 4 since 2019 to directly counter tanking. They also flattened the odds up top. The only reason tanking is epic this year two teams wound up being much worse then expected and owe their pick if it isn't at the top(Wolves,Rockets).OKC completely blew it up and this might be the only year they can honestly tank. Detroit just paid Griffin 68 million dollars to not play and drafted 3 rookies last draft. And finally we completely blew it up, but of course we aren't tanking. Let's see who they play the last 15 games. My guess is they play Harris just enough to show he is healthy then "shut" him down with 2 or 3 weeks to go.

Magic status. Players that need to play if your Pro Tank. Cole,Rj,Bamba,Chuma,Bacon. Players that could help us either win or lose but are not worried about getting another paycheck or job Harris,Porter,Ross. Players playing for another job or to prove they belong. Ennis,MCW,Cannady,Randle and i'll add Bacon to this list too. Bacon is playing to stay in the NBA but he will shoot you out of two games for every game he plays well. WCJ belongs in a special category. Obviously he needs to play, and will play a ton of minutes. If Bamba stays healthy i also see him getting shut down in the last two weeks with a mystery injury.

correct i know currently its top 4 but i was suggesting moving it back to three but this system would work either way with top 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The only way we can get #5 is if the Bulls finish in the bottom 5 lottery odds which is very unlikely. They'd likely have to lose most of their remaining games.

VERY unlikely but we are due for some unlikely luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

VERY unlikely but we are due for some unlikely luck!

We don’t want the Bulls finishing that low.  Too much chance we lose the pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good night for the picks. We lose, Bulls lose, Wizards win. We’re 1 game ahead of Detroit for 3rd best odds and now 2.5 games behind Washington and Cleveland with 20 games left. Bulls pick is currently 10th, I expect it to wind up somewhere between 9-11

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that we signed Donta Hall who played on the G League Ignite team with Jalen Green and Jonathan Kuminga. Doubt that's why we signed him but we'll at least have some inside intel on what those guys are like in the locker room etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Good night for the picks. We lose, Bulls lose, Wizards win. We’re 1 game ahead of Detroit for 3rd best odds and now 2.5 games behind Washington and Cleveland with 20 games left. Bulls pick is currently 10th, I expect it to wind up somewhere between 9-11

      Yeah our odds to keep in the 4 spot in the draft have been improving.

After getting to Watch Zion last night it's a shame he was out the game we played them. Normally i love Magic wins but no way we would have beaten the Pelicans if he played. That guy is a beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

We do indeed

  How much in cash considerations will Weltman  get for that pick?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hootie249 said:

  How much in cash considerations will Weltman  get for that pick?

Not gonna lie, this made laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×