Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

29 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Draymond signs a 4 year - $100 million extension and makes next years free agency class even worse

That's a fair number for both parties I feel

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's still crazy that this is what MCW looked like in his first career game

And that was the best game of his career so far. 

Obviously the difference between starters and bench players isn't peak so much as it is consistency. But I wonder if we can get a few more games like this out of him:

Thank you for sharing this. I think it all comes down to confidence and I feel he'll have a healthy amount of it coming back for another season with us.

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Thank you for sharing this. I think it all comes down to confidence and I feel he'll have a healthy amount of it coming back for another season with us.

It's just really cool watching all of the little things he does in games. He's really useful even when he's bad on offense. Quite a few 0 point games where he had a really positive impact. 

He's almost 28 so I'm pretty sure he is what he is by now. He's gotta have one of the largest gaps between what he is at his peak vs what his numbers are over the course of a season. His off ball defense in space and ability to get through screens is special. He's a great rebounder, has really good timing with his passes, and does a pretty good job scoring in traffic in the paint. 

But his overall offensive numbers are horrendous. It's disorienting looking at what he does in his best games and comparing that to his career numbers. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Draymond signs a 4 year - $100 million extension and makes next years free agency class even worse

Golden State is the only place Draymond is worth that.

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

Golden State is the only place Draymond is worth that.

I agree completely EXCEPT if he was on the trailblazers I feel

Edit: maybe Boston too

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Only means something if the ball consistently finds him during the game.  He has to demand it from Vuc and Evan.

I would rather see him getting it from Fultz.  That way we are keeping it out of Evan's hands and not watching Evan dribble around before passing it off to Vuc.  

• Like 1

Seeing all these teams release new logos/uniforms/courts is getting me antsy af lmao. I wanna see what we're doing this season, especially considering the rumors of the orange uniforms...

Happy Sunday everyone :) I was thinking today about possible roster/lineup changes that we could explore for next season. One idea I had was to give Iwundu some starts at the 2. I think he could develop into a poor man's Pietrus. I also saw someone suggest starting Chuma as a 2 maybe next year when he's fully healthy.

We would be sacrificing some spacing putting Wes as our starting SG, but man that defense would be incredible. And I love Evan's passion and intensity, but he may be getting traded soon. And I don't think T Ross makes for a good starter, since his perfect role is the 6th man.

What do you guys think of this idea? I would love to see a starting five of Dj-Wes-Isaac-AG-Vooch (and possibly as the season goes on of Fultz-Wes-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba). That second starting 5 I mentioned would be a matchup nightmare for almost every team. We would be so athletic and our fast break offense would be crazy.

Also, do you guys think there is a foundation for a future Dlo-Vuc swap down the road (maybe in a season or two)? Would you guys do it as Magic fans? I know I would in a heartbeat... Starting Fultz and DLo gives off Dame-CJ or Wall-Beal vibes. That, paired with our front court/bench of long bois, would be potentially championship contending in its prime.

6 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

Happy Sunday everyone :) I was thinking today about possible roster/lineup changes that we could explore for next season. One idea I had was to give Iwundu some starts at the 2. I think he could develop into a poor man's Pietrus. I also saw someone suggest starting Chuma as a 2 maybe next year when he's fully healthy.

We would be sacrificing some spacing putting Wes as our starting SG, but man that defense would be incredible. And I love Evan's passion and intensity, but he may be getting traded soon. And I don't think T Ross makes for a good starter, since his perfect role is the 6th man.

What do you guys think of this idea? I would love to see a starting five of Dj-Wes-Isaac-AG-Vooch (and possibly as the season goes on of Fultz-Wes-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba). That second starting 5 I mentioned would be a matchup nightmare for almost every team. We would be so athletic and our fast break offense would be crazy.

Also, do you guys think there is a foundation for a future Dlo-Vuc swap down the road (maybe in a season or two)? Would you guys do it as Magic fans? I know I would in a heartbeat... Starting Fultz and DLo gives off Dame-CJ or Wall-Beal vibes. That, paired with our front court/bench of long bois, would be potentially championship contending in its prime.

My hopes is the Fultz is healthy. I am looking forward to 

starters / Fultz/Fournier/Gordon/Isacc/Vuc

2nd string / Dj/Ross/wes/Aminu/Bamba (Though kim is better and should have this spot, but we are developing Bamba) 

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

My hopes is the Fultz is healthy. I am looking forward to 

starters / Fultz/Fournier/Gordon/Isacc/Vuc

2nd string / Dj/Ross/wes/Aminu/Bamba (Though kim is better and should have this spot, but we are developing Bamba) 

Remember Clifford only plays a 9 man rotation. Good chance Wes isn’t in the lineup night in and night out. Season will probably start with starters being:

DJ/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic

backup 1 is Fultz with some minutes at the 2

backup 2 is Ross with some minutes at the 3

backup 3/4 is Aminu

backup 5 is Bamba

Iwundu/Birch/MCW are injury insurance and depth

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Remember Clifford only plays a 9 man rotation. Good chance Wes isn’t in the lineup night in and night out. Season will probably start with starters being:

DJ/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic

backup 1 is Fultz with some minutes at the 2

backup 2 is Ross with some minutes at the 3

backup 3/4 is Aminu

backup 5 is Bamba

Iwundu/Birch/MCW are injury insurance and depth

I’d be so disappointed if that happened to Wes.  He was part of some of our very best defensive lineups and shot it so well from 3 in the second half of the season. I’d rather continue to develop him than give Aminu more minutes at the backup 3.