Sign in to follow this  
Diplo

Hedo "Hard to Say If I'm Staying Or Leaving"

Thank you Rev Ty, these are much more fun to talk about than Hedo for Kobe trade ideas.

If it's Hedo by himself we are talking about close to a 7 mill salary slot to get close to, if we include Tony, we are talking close to 13 mill or if we include Kieth or JJ it's about 9 or 10 mill (those are all the players that look tradeable).

Would Philly be interested in trading Andre Miller (10mill) since they just signed Louis Williams? Cha maybe looking to move Felton and May (6.8 mill)? Portland looking to move Travis Outlaw (4 mill, not sure how to make that one work)? GS moving Al Harrington (9 mill)?

The Utah and LAL ideas have already been mentioned but it doesn't look like there is a whole lot out there. Even those ones that I mentioned have their serious drawbacks. The ones that would make the most sense to me would be Utah(they will likely lose Boozer anyway), Cha (I don't think it will take long for LB to freak out over Felton's shot selection), or the one you just mentioned about Frye since Portland has Aldridge and Outlaw at the 4. I would love it if it were Outlaw instead since he is really wanting to show what he can do if given more mins but I don't think they make that mistake.

I think those of us that believe Jameer is not the long term answer as a starting PG for this team would agree that Rodriguez and Frye wouldn't be a bad deal. But I don't think that Otis finds himself in that camp. I think he is convinced that Jameer is our best option at PG, supported by his actions to rush out and extend Jameer while still under contract and with impending restricted free agent status.

I think we should move off any of the potential deals involving younger, less established players who aren't seeing much time with their current teams. If we are trading a major piece like Hedo, I think Otis is going to want someone who is more of a known quantity that can step right in and give immediate legitimacy to our title prospects.

The only way he might consider those types of deals is if by the deadline he feels that Hedo is definitely bolting and he can't score a deal with a bigger-named player.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

So LOD, who would you say is the best option out there?

If by "best" you mean "best possible deal" then I'd have to go with Josh Smith. Not only is he young, but he is insanely talented and buddies with Dwight. Plus, he is already signed so there would be no worries there. I plead ignorance on the long-term cap implications.

The most realistic might be the Odom deal, only because there seems to be legitimate talk of the Lakers interest in moving him.

Also, I'd love the Boozer deal...he seemed to buddy up with Dwight on the Redeem Team...but it is a scary proposition to gamble on him and that assumed too many "what ifs" regarding Utah's side of the deal.

I say we keep him the whole season, then when the free agent period open do a sign and trade with another team. Turk is going after the big bucks, and we can offer him the most money more then any other team and the league. So with that all say and done we just have to wait and see next summer.

Steve Kyler on Hoopsworld said the same thing, that if we move him, it will be in a sign and trade. There's a trouble with that. In order to sign and trade, you have to match the salary that Hedo signs at. If we were to do that, why not just retain Hedo? The whole idea is that we can't afford him, how would we afford someone else in a sign and trade. Thus, we must move him while his salary is still low.

quote:

Steve Kyler on Hoopsworld said the same thing, that if we move him, it will be in a sign and trade. There's a trouble with that. In order to sign and trade, you have to match the salary that Hedo signs at. If we were to do that, why not just retain Hedo? The whole idea is that we can't afford him, how would we afford someone else in a sign and trade. Thus, we must move him while his salary is still low.

If we do a sign and trade would could take back multiple players. Part of the problem with paying Turk a higher salary is that we would have less money to fill out the roster.

quote:

The biggest problem with a sign and trade is that it requires the Magic to address this issue next offseason when Hedo is an unrestricted free agent and has the ability to sign with a Euro team, leaving the Magic with zilch.

If Hedo thinks he is getting a huge deal this summer from another team, he is sadly mistaken. Every team with cap space this summer will be keeping it for the following summer when Lebron, Wade, Kobe, and Bosh are free agents. He will more than likely not get more than 8 or 9 mill only IF he has an all-star season. I just hope Otis does not manage his resigning the way he handled Darko's.