Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Great Carlos Arroyo Debate!!!

I'm pretty sure Carlos was driven out of town by pure jealousy by the rest of the league.

After arriving on the shores of the US from Puerto Rico (he walked), the league simply could not handle the fact that Carlos, no mere mortal, was able to put up 50 points a night without missing a shot (the misses were all due to fouls), running into the lane like a rabbit on crack, and hoisting up a bad shot; throw in 80 assists without ever overdribbling; never missed a freethrow (except for when 'Meer would shine a laser in his eyes); and could fly.

It was probably the last one that eventually got him nixed from Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Since you have the power to change or rename titles I would like to (please) ask you to change the name of this thread. It will make Ibone and me very happy as it is your intention in creating this thread:

quote:
CarlosDarwin and Ibone, this one is especially for you guys. Rather than adding anymore into the Dwight thread, I am creating a brand new thread especially for you and anyone else that believes that Carlos was pushed out of town by Dwight, Jameer, Stan, The Easter Bunny, George W. Bush, Brett Favre, whoever.

I will be moving any posts that you make with regard to this subject in any other thread into this thread from here on out.

It will save you the time consuming task of having to move all the Carlos Arroyo conspiracy theories from all over this forum.

The title change that I suggest is a neutral one:

Why do you think Arroyo is no longer a Magic?

It is not exactly what I really had in mind but I can agree to this one. The one you selected is OK but a little too confrontational, don't you think?

But my title is so much more eye catching! I tell you what, how about we compromise and I change it to The Great Carlos Arroyo Debate!!! What do you say?

I like conspiracy better. Here's something for you to wrap your mind around Darwin. Carlos is no longer a member of the Magic. Therefore, this thread, the Spanish thread, and all future Arroyo threads should either be moved to the Global game section or Off-topic. I would say the moderators have been very patient considering what they have to put up with.

Oh Marc, you are so evil!

Hahaha, how would you start something like this knowing how some will react, especially CD.

2 Explanations

1. You are just bored waiting for the next season and want to have a good laugh about this.

2. You are trying to make CD banned himself from saying stuff or "trolling" with this topic.

In the topic itself, I don't believe there was conspiracy to take Carlos out. In the other, hand I don't think they managed his situation well. I mean, from being starter one day to play 5minutes next day is not the right way. His role was bench true, but when you start a game one day and Nelson comes in, Nelly gets his position I agree but give Carlos at least 15-20minutes next day when the last one he did well.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

CarlosDarwin and Ibone, this one is especially for you guys. Rather than adding anymore into the Dwight thread, I am creating a brand new thread especially for you and anyone else that believes that Carlos was pushed out of town by Dwight, Jameer, Stan, The Easter Bunny, George W. Bush, Brett Favre, whoever.

I will be moving any posts that you make with regard to this subject in any other thread into this thread from here on out.

Marc, I really respect your opinion and your work as moderator, but let me disagree with this one.

This new thread could bu useful in the way you mentioned in a perfect world, but I know (and you probably also know) that it's only going to create more troubles and more stupid discussions.

Why can't anybody face the reality?

Carlos is now a Maccabi player, he chooses it and will be happy with the decision.

The Magic had a great player and person with him, but (for reasons that I'm not going to post another time 'cause also the stones already know it) they move on for another type of player and another kind of contract.

Be positive and think about the future.

I think that everyone here had enough intelligence to unterstand that.

GET OVER IT!

And opening this thread is not going to help the cause.

I am hoping that by opening this thread it will provide an outlet for people to talk about their pet conspiracy theories as to why Carlos is gone/did not start instead of injecting them into every thread on this board.

At the very least it gives the other mod's and myself a place to move the post's from the other threads so we don't have to delete them and hear about how partial we are and how we are a bunch of confederate flag waiving klansmen who would like to sink the entire island of PR.

With any luck this could be an entertaining discussion and something to keep everyone from getting too bored in the long offseason.

Jackpot!

Marc wants to entertain himself with this topic. That could be a huge reason why you open this thread. What you say about that? Talk to me.

Not just entertain me, entertain everyone on the board. We haven't really had a whole lot to talk about lately since no new news has come out.

Do I want CD to get himself into trouble? No, you are misunderstanding me. Ibone and CD are obviously very passionate about Carlos and their belief that he was wronged. I just want them to discuss it in 1 place rather than threads that have nothing to do with that subject.

I think I agree with the overall view that the team wanted to move in another direction (I think Echo posted it in the "Arroyo no longer in the Magic thread").

I think Carlos was misused but it doesn't mean there was a conspiracy, maybe some decisions here and some there.

And I'm not that entertained by this thread. I guess I prefer silly, sarcastic and random humor lol.

The Magic could not afford to have two equal talents, both lacking in defense, on the roster in teh PG position.

They picked one of the two to be the guy long term. Most likely due to age, all else being the same, you can assume that the significantly younger player has a little more room to grow.

Carlos was the odd man out, since both he and Jameer were defensive liabilities, neither one would be a very effective back up for the other.

THe acquisition of AJ, who brings reliable abck up PG skills and solid defense, also made Dooling's roll as a backup PG redundant.

The free agency acquisition of Pietrus, and the draft selection of Lee also minimized the need for Dooling in the SG roll as well.

Carlos had several offers, and I can only assume he would not be willing to sit on the bench, watching AJ play backup, only to have his number called when Jameer was injured.

For the amount of money these two would command in free agency, there was no way the Magic would keep them around.

This thread should be in the other forum as Carlos Arroyo does not play in the NBA. Further, he is not an Orlando Magic player.

See Lebron James discussion about him playing in Europe as prededence.

Lebron is even in the NBA, but still, that is where the discussion belongs.