Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Great Carlos Arroyo Debate!!!

quote:
Marc Acres:

CarlosDarwin and Ibone, this one is especially for you guys. Rather than adding anymore into the Dwight thread, I am creating a brand new thread especially for you and anyone else that believes that Carlos was pushed out of town by Dwight, Jameer, Stan, The Easter Bunny, George W. Bush, Brett Favre, whoever.

I will be moving any posts that you make with regard to this subject in any other thread into this thread from here on out.

Thanks... but no thanks!

You know very well the real reason for you to use your power as a moderator to create this thread. You moved my answer here because you don't want to hear about the immaturity of Dwight Howard and because you are afraid that I might have the reason on this issue. The fact that you actually removed my post from the Dwight thread is censorship, just because you don't agree with (or maybe because it hurts to you) what I posted about Dwight.

I think that you are intolerant and therefore not fit to be a moderator!

Another thing, you do not have any right to decide to move any post to the place you want, I want to discuss Howard's immaturity, and there is where it should go!

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

The fact that you actually removed my post from the Dwight thread is censorship, just because you don't agree with (or maybe because it hurts to you) what I posted about Dwight.

Another thing, you do not have any right to decide to move any post to the place you want, I want to discuss Howard's immaturity, and there is where it should go!

You've cracked CD. This is a privately-owned message board. The moderators of this privately-owned message board have been given authority to make decisions on what content is allowed on this site and where it should be placed - in conjunction with the Terms of Service and Forum Rules which are readily available for viewing in several locations on this site.

quote:

quote:
Marc Acres:

CarlosDarwin and Ibone, this one is especially for you guys. Rather than adding anymore into the Dwight thread, I am creating a brand new thread especially for you and anyone else that believes that Carlos was pushed out of town by Dwight, Jameer, Stan, The Easter Bunny, George W. Bush, Brett Favre, whoever.

I will be moving any posts that you make with regard to this subject in any other thread into this thread from here on out.

Thanks... but no thanks!

You know very well the real reason for you to use your power as a moderator to create this thread. You moved my answer here because you don't want to hear about the immaturity of Dwight Howard and because you are afraid that I might have the reason on this issue. The fact that you actually removed my post from the Dwight thread is censorship, just because you don't agree with (or maybe because it hurts to you) what I posted about Dwight.

He did not edit, delete, or censor your post foolish man. They were relocated. Moved to an area where the topic of discussion is appropriate.

He did not tell you that you could not discuss any topic you wish, only asked that you discuss them in the proper thread.

He asked you several times to keep your posts pertinant to the thread topic, and to stop turning every thread into your rant about Carlos. You continued to turn a thread about Dwight arguing with Coach K into your tired argument about Carlos being pulled after going '8-2' in favor of Nelson. Disguise your comments, or dress them up however you like, but your focus was Carlos, pure and simple.

As far as yoru claim that he has no right to relocate your threads, you do realize that not only is it within his right as a mod on this forum, it's also a function of his job.

I think you should also review your own comments and perhaps rethink who the 'intolerant' person here really is. He has been more than patient with you, while I can think of no one else on this forum that lives and breaths intolerance quite like yourself.

quote:

quote:
Marc Acres:

Thanks... but no thanks!

LOL, you never fail to entertain me CarlosDarwin.

First off, everyone has the power to create threads, no moderator "power" was needed. I moved your post because that thread was about Dwight and his percieved maturity issue. Your post was all about your fantasy land where everyone is out to get Carlos and specifically Dwight was leading the charge to have him demoted in favor of Jameer. That is off topic and therefore was moved. The fact that I decided to set up a thread where you can voice your opinion on that subject instead of just deleting it proves that I am not censoring you. Your thoughts are still out there for the world to see. Censor-7. to delete (a word or passage of text) in one's capacity as a censor.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/censor

I don't care that you post about Dwight (again, that would be one of the reasons I set up this thread), but if you are going to make up nonsense then I am going to debate you on it.

Intolerant? (time number 3 for those of you keeping score) You have not been suspended for hijacking threads and I moved your post to it's very own special thread within the same main forum. How exactly am I not tolerating you?

"Another thing, you do not have any right to decide to move any post to the place you want, I want to discuss Howard's immaturity, and there is where it should go!"

See now you are wrong again there, I have every right to move a post that does not belong in one thread to another. I also have the right to close down problem threads. But you are right in saying that this thread is where it should go.

Do you ever get tired of playing the victim? The world is against you and Carlos, everyone hates you both and tries to hold you back. I'm sorry that you can't face the fact that things happen and there doesn't always have to be someone plotting against you or your favorite player to make them happen. Carlos was a player that helped us while he was here, he didn't fit any longer and no team is going to continue paying someone millions if they are not needed. Be happy that he is getting paid more than what he got here to play in Isreal and more than likely will be a focal point there.

quote:
Live Or Die Magic:

You've cracked CD. This is a privately-owned message board. The moderators of this privately-owned message board have been given authority to make decisions on what content is allowed on this site and where it should be placed - in conjunction with the Terms of Service and Forum Rules which are readily available for viewing in several locations on this site.

OK! Give me a good reason according to the rules of why my post was removed to an Arroyo thread when all I wanted to do with my post was to explain the issue of Dwights immaturity in reponse to a post of Marc Acres in the Dwight thread for that purpose!

Moderators have authority and I am not questioning it. However, moderators have rules and need to follow them. Also moderators need follow some basic norms of conduct, just as any other poster on this threads! Or moderators are allowed to act as Gods here!

From my point of view a moderator cannot use his or her power to censor those opinions that are contrary to his or her opinions!

quote:

quote:
Live Or Die Magic:

OK! Give me a good reason according to the rules of why my post was removed to an Arroyo thread when all I wanted to do with my post was to explain the issue of Dwights immaturity in reponse to a post of Marc Acres in the Dwight thread for that purpose!

Moderators have authority and I am not questioning it. However, moderators have rules and need to follow them. Also moderators need follow some basic norms of conduct, just as any other poster on this threads! Or moderators are allowed to act as Gods here!

From my point of view a moderator cannot use his or her power to censor those opinions that are contrary to his or her opinions!

CD, please read the above posts by echo4papa and Marc Acres 3:16. They provide in-depth justification for the actions taken.

From the Terms of Service-

The moderators reserve the right to rename badly titled threads, or to merge redundant topics, or split a topic with multiple themes into several topics.

Spam the board. This includes, but is not limited to, repeatedly posting the same or similar content or posting any identical message more than one time or in more than one forum.

You agree to keep discussions topical to the appropriate forums.

Do you check out any information before posting something? I ask because you have posted quite a few things that are not accurate.

quote:
Marc Acres:

From the Terms of Service-

The moderators reserve the right to rename badly titled threads, or to merge redundant topics, or split a topic with multiple themes into several topics.

Spam the board. This includes, but is not limited to, repeatedly posting the same or similar content or posting any identical message more than one time or in more than one forum.

You agree to keep discussions topical to the appropriate forums.

Do you check out any information before posting something? I ask because you have posted quite a few things that are not accurate.

OK Marc you have the power, you win!

Since you have the power to change or rename titles I would like to (please) ask you to change the name of this thread. It will make Ibone and me very happy as it is your intention in creating this thread:

quote:

It will save you the time consuming task of having to move all the Carlos Arroyo conspiracy theories from all over this forum.

The title change that I suggest is a neutral one:

Why do you think Arroyo is no longer a Magic?

It is not exactly what I really had in mind but I can agree to this one. The one you selected is OK but a little too confrontational, don't you think?

quote:

It is not exactly what I really had in mind but I can agree to this one. The one you selected is OK but a little too confrontational, don't you think?

The problem with this is that we do not have a thread with a similar title for players such as Dooling, Evans, and Augustine. Those players have had their farewells and we have since moved on. Isn't it logical that the same would happen with Arroyo?

quote:
quote:

The problem with this is that we do not have a thread with a similar title for players such as Dooling, Evans, and Augustine. Those players have had their farewells and we have since moved on. Isn't it logical that the same would happen with Arroyo?

Live Or Die Magic, it was a moderator's idea not mine. This thread is Marc's creation.

I would agree with LOD. Carlos had his farewell and is no longer part of this team. I know Ibone and CD and others would like his memory to vividly live on, but reality is that hes not a Magic player any longer and belongs either in the around the NBA, or maybe a "around the european league" thread needs to be created.

The dead horse has been beaten enough.

quote:

quote:
quote:

Live Or Die Magic, it was a moderator's idea not mine. This thread is Marc's creation.

We really need to show you how to use the "Reply with Quote" button...unless you're just doing it now to be ironic.

I was speaking to your choice of thread title, which to me signified a much deeper motivation to continue to discuss the reasons for his departure. As has been stated repeatedly, Marc Acres gave specific, valid reasons for the creation of this thread. He is being extremely magnanimous in his handling of this situation.

Let it go.