Marc Acres 3:16

The Great Carlos Arroyo Debate!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

I am eagerly awaiting the next fantastic made up story you would like to come up with so you can blame someone for your favorite player not starting and/or staying with the team.

Dennis Scott (my favorite player) is no longer on the team because he freaked out on a bunch of kids at a basketball camp, and his birthday party turned into a shootout at the OK Corral.

Oh, you said "made up", didn't you.

Never mind then....

I'm sorry a Dennis Scott conspiracy will exceed the conspiracy capacity of the board and therefore cannot be allowed. You will have to wait until I have had my time in the spotlight with my Scott Skiles and Darrell Armstrong conspiracies.

Scott Skiles = Complete

Scott-Skiles-Pink-Slip.jpg

quote:

With any luck this could be an entertaining discussion and something to keep everyone from getting too bored in the long offseason.

Well, if you think that repeating the same type of arguments over and over again could be "entertaining", I have to say that we have a different concept of the word "Entertainment"

BTW, this site seems to agree with me:

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia:

Entertainment is an activity designed to give people pleasure or relaxation .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment

:=)

I will give up on the matter...

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:

With any luck this could be an entertaining discussion and something to keep everyone from getting too bored in the long offseason.

Well, if you think that repeating the same type of arguments over and over again could be "entertaining", I have to say that we have a different concept of the word "Entertainment"

BTW, this site seems to agree with me:

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia:

Entertainment is an activity designed to give people pleasure or relaxation .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment

:=)

I will give up on the matter...

You are a much smarter person than I am.

I will be eagerly combing the Maccabi tel aviv basketball forums for posts accusing coach Effi Birenboim of being a racist.

There's also certain to be an eruption of emotion within the locker room when Arroyo is benched due to the requests of Center Yaniv Green preferring that his buddy and countryman Dror Hajaj is named the starter.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I will be eagerly combing the Maccabi tel aviv basketball forums for posts accusing coach Effi Birenboim of being a racist.

There's also certain to be an eruption of emotion within the locker room when Arroyo is benched due to the requests of Center Yaniv Green preferring that his buddy and countryman Dror Hajaj is named the starter.

Good point, Carlos is a US citizen and Dwight was supposed to be out to get him, he's going to a completely different country now.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

lol, the internet really has all the stuff nowadays. even the stuff about players and coaches whose names a just fail to pronounce.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

So far, I think one of my personal favorite points that CD has made is the "We went 8-2 in that stretch of games with Carlos starting", particularly when he himself points out that Carlos played all of 6 minutes against NJ. Had nothing but two missed shots, a steal and a turn over.

luckycarlito.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

The question that still is open is;Why was Arroyo benched while the team was winning? Why after becoming the third option PG, he was the starter replacement instead of Dooling? Why was he not invited after Dooling made his move and he showed interest to talk about money?

Why Otis didnt want him back at no costs?

Did Stan say, "No Dooling,then no Arroyo"

Because the team is racist and because they are still hurt at the fact that the dream team got detroned by Puerto Rico and Carlos. Also I think DeVos is a grand master for the KKK and was about tired of the guy. That makes sense, right?

Why can't it just be that the team wanted to go on a different direction? Why can't it be that Arroyo is a distraction, or that his attitude might not be the best? Why is it that its never Carlos' fault? Why is he perfect and everyone else is against him?

The team wanted something different and went with it. They were not even willing to pay Dooling, which was a "favorite" over Arroyo last season...I think its pretty easy to understand. They just wanted other players in the mix.