Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Great Carlos Arroyo Debate!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

CarlosDarwin and Ibone, this one is especially for you guys. Rather than adding anymore into the Dwight thread, I am creating a brand new thread especially for you and anyone else that believes that Carlos was pushed out of town by Dwight, Jameer, Stan, The Easter Bunny, George W. Bush, Brett Favre, whoever.

I will be moving any posts that you make with regard to this subject in any other thread into this thread from here on out.

Marc, I really respect your opinion and your work as moderator, but let me disagree with this one.

This new thread could bu useful in the way you mentioned in a perfect world, but I know (and you probably also know) that it's only going to create more troubles and more stupid discussions.

Why can't anybody face the reality?

Carlos is now a Maccabi player, he chooses it and will be happy with the decision.

The Magic had a great player and person with him, but (for reasons that I'm not going to post another time 'cause also the stones already know it) they move on for another type of player and another kind of contract.

Be positive and think about the future.

I think that everyone here had enough intelligence to unterstand that.

GET OVER IT!

And opening this thread is not going to help the cause.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

The question that still is open is;Why was Arroyo benched while the team was winning? Why after becoming the third option PG, he was the starter replacement instead of Dooling? Why was he not invited after Dooling made his move and he showed interest to talk about money?

Why Otis didnt want him back at no costs?

Did Stan say, "No Dooling,then no Arroyo"

Supposing that one day SVG or Otis will give you those answers (probably no one in this forum could do it), is your life going to change?

Is Carlos life going to change?

Face the future not the past...

More facts? You mean facts like-

"After that, Nelson had (for me) a questionable ankle injury!"

"(after having received many DNPs in a row even though he was healthy to play already)"

So let me see if I have this right, Jameer fakes an ankle injury so Carlos can start. Because he was cleared to play, there is no possible way that he was not up to game speed conditioning after being out for approx 2 weeks. Those are your facts?

Your whole arguement was that Dwight pouted and got into an arguement with Stan to get Jameer back into the starting lineup. But he was put back into the starting lineup before that arguement ever occurred, so now you are saying that Stan made the decision based on Dwights whining and then got mad at him when it wasn't working as well as it should.

I prefer the reality that is on the Feb 6th game Carlos started and got off to a slow start (I know this because I watched the game with my own 2 eyes, I am not just guessing something happened because it fits my arguement), Jameer was put in and played very aggressive (11pts, 8assists, 5boards, a steal, and only 1 turnover on 50% shooting in 26mins) in a 16pt win.

But according to you, Jameer played poorly in the next 2 games which were losses right? That is why Stan got mad at Dwight. Next 2 game stat's, 17-9assists-2brds-0t/o's-46%fG in a 4pt loss to LA, 22-4assists-4brds-5t/o's-50%FG in a 7pt loss to CLE. That compared to Carlos's averages over the previous 9 games 9.2pts, 3.8assists, 2t/o's, on 46%FG. Want to point to the 5 t/o's as the cause of Stan's blow up? Ok, why wasn't Carlos benched for Jameer after the Bos game where his stat line was 2pts, 4assists, 4brds, 6t/o's on 20% shooting?

The reality is it had nothing to do with Dwight just like Carlos no longer being with the team had nothing to do with Dwight. Carlos and Jameer are basically the same player, Jameer is locked up long term (Otis's preference) so there is zero reason to retain a duplicate player.

I am eagerly awaiting the next fantastic made up story you would like to come up with so you can blame someone for your favorite player not starting and/or staying with the team. I may start saving these so I can become the NBA's version of Dan Brown. I plan on having Tom Hanks play me in the move adaptation.

So far, I think one of my personal favorite points that CD has made is the "We went 8-2 in that stretch of games with Carlos starting", particularly when he himself points out that Carlos played all of 6 minutes against NJ. Had nothing but two missed shots, a steal and a turn over.

Jameer played 26 minutes and outplayed (by the stat line) J. Kidd (who played for 36 minutes)... having 11 points on 3-6 shooting, 5-5 from the free throw line, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, one steal, and one turnover.

But, you are right CD, let's just stick to the facts and attribute this to Carlos starting.

Let's also not point out that, yes, while we did beat Boston in that stretch, and split the two againts Detroit, we also won games against Memphis, Miami, Philly (Who had not started playing relatively well yet), Indiana, Portland.

Our other Loss with Los in that stretch was at home against Dallas.

Now, Jameer was instrumental in the NJ win, for sure, but then you want to point out that the next two games were losses. What you fail to mention is that one is vs the Lakers after they aquired Gasol, the other loss came against Cleveland.

We then turn around and beat Denver at home, go up to Detroit and destroy them, albeit losing equally as bad the next night against Toronto.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:

CarlosDarwin and Ibone, this one is especially for you guys. Rather than adding anymore into the Dwight thread, I am creating a brand new thread especially for you and anyone else that believes that Carlos was pushed out of town by Dwight, Jameer, Stan, The Easter Bunny, George W. Bush, Brett Favre, whoever.

I will be moving any posts that you make with regard to this subject in any other thread into this thread from here on out.

Marc, I really respect your opinion and your work as moderator, but let me disagree with this one.

This new thread could bu useful in the way you mentioned in a perfect world, but I know (and you probably also know) that it's only going to create more troubles and more stupid discussions.

Why can't anybody face the reality?

Carlos is now a Maccabi player, he chooses it and will be happy with the decision.

The Magic had a great player and person with him, but (for reasons that I'm not going to post another time 'cause also the stones already know it) they move on for another type of player and another kind of contract.

Be positive and think about the future.

I think that everyone here had enough intelligence to unterstand that.

GET OVER IT!

And opening this thread is not going to help the cause.

I am hoping that by opening this thread it will provide an outlet for people to talk about their pet conspiracy theories as to why Carlos is gone/did not start instead of injecting them into every thread on this board.

At the very least it gives the other mod's and myself a place to move the post's from the other threads so we don't have to delete them and hear about how partial we are and how we are a bunch of confederate flag waiving klansmen who would like to sink the entire island of PR.

With any luck this could be an entertaining discussion and something to keep everyone from getting too bored in the long offseason.

quote:

I am eagerly awaiting the next fantastic made up story you would like to come up with so you can blame someone for your favorite player not starting and/or staying with the team.

Dennis Scott (my favorite player) is no longer on the team because he freaked out on a bunch of kids at a basketball camp, and his birthday party turned into a shootout at the OK Corral.

Oh, you said "made up", didn't you.

Never mind then....

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

I plan on having Tom Hanks play me in the move adaptation.

Can I be played by Ed Norton?

By the Favre vested in me, it shall be done.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

I am eagerly awaiting the next fantastic made up story you would like to come up with so you can blame someone for your favorite player not starting and/or staying with the team.

Dennis Scott (my favorite player) is no longer on the team because he freaked out on a bunch of kids at a basketball camp, and his birthday party turned into a shootout at the OK Corral.

Oh, you said "made up", didn't you.

Never mind then....

I'm sorry a Dennis Scott conspiracy will exceed the conspiracy capacity of the board and therefore cannot be allowed. You will have to wait until I have had my time in the spotlight with my Scott Skiles and Darrell Armstrong conspiracies.