Sign in to follow this  
Mr Charisma

Groupee is pitiful?

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered absolutely horrid response time from Groupee's servers, particularly over the last week or so.

I could have sworn that about 6 weeks ago they upgraded us to a new server, so what exactly is the problem and what efforts are underway to resolve it?

Is that "new server" a leftover Texas Instrument special?

1) Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

2) Is anyone attempting to correct it?

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered absolutely horrid response time from Groupee's servers, particularly over the last week or so.

I could have sworn that about 6 weeks ago they upgraded us to a new server, so what exactly is the problem and what efforts are underway to resolve it?

Is that "new server" a leftover Texas Instrument special?

1) Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

2) Is anyone attempting to correct it?

It's an ongoing issue, not likely to be resolved soon.

I can tell you this....the Magic organization has to weigh the response time and overall satisfaction of service with Groupee against the absolutely ridiculous sweetheart deal that Groupee gives them.

I don't think that this message board is viewed as a "must have" by any of the Magic brass that make business/financial decisions. So, I for one would rather suffer occasional Groupee heartburn than to lose the boards altogether.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I can tell you this....the Magic organization has to weigh the response time and overall satisfaction of service with Groupee against the absolutely ridiculous sweetheart deal that Groupee gives them.

I don't think that this message board is viewed as a "must have" by any of the Magic brass that make business/financial decisions. So, I for one would rather suffer occasional Groupee heartburn than to lose the boards altogether.

I'm a firm believer that honesty is the best policy so, if this is the situation, then so be it. And I would agree that I would rather live with this than go elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

I'm a firm believer that honesty is the best policy so, if this is the situation, then so be it. And I would agree that I would rather live with this than go elsewhere.

Also, I'm very curious to see how things related to the boards play out long-term now that our biggest proponent (and founder), Matt Gardner, is no longer with the organization.

quote:

Also, I'm very curious to see how things related to the boards play out long-term now that our biggest proponent (and founder), Matt Gardner, is no longer with the organization.

Yeah, this is my concern, too.

I didn't really think about it being an issue until the day when MCR guy came in and went bonkers, and the Magic did not seem to have anyone that knew how (or had the authority) to block his IP address until hours later. That let me know that Matt was what drove this board, and it is not a priority for Magic management. Again, I'm not bashing them for it. It's a business decision.

Now, the FSN/BrightHouse issue I'll bash them for....

As long as we have the option to come here I'll deal with it...

we still are the best MAGIC site out there.

even tho it could be better.

I guess until we get that championship and so many members they can't deny us it will probably be this way.