Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Can the Magic be spenders in 2010? {blog}

what he probably means is that turk will probably opt out after this year, although technically he is on for another two seasons...

...wouldnt it be nice if he just didnt opt out?

Turk has a player option after this season. He can expire next summer or the summer after.

If we have that much cap space in 2010, we won't have the MLE to spend. Only teams over the cap can use the exception.

Everyone talks about Lebron and Wade talking about wanting to play together; how about Bosh and Dwight...WOW. They are very good friends. However, Tor will have Bosh, O'Neal, and Bargnani expiring that summer so they'll be able to re-sign Bosh for whatever and bring in one of the top tier FAs. We can dream Bosh pulls a KG, lol.

I can see Amare coming down to Orlando in 2010. He was born and raised here, and plus playing next to Howard could give us a shot. It really depend on how are roster looks. Otis is really trying to build through the draft a la Pistons.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

I can see Amare coming down to Orlando in 2010. He was born and raised here, and plus playing next to Howard could give us a shot. It really depend on how are roster looks. Otis is really trying to build through the draft a la Pistons.

hence the rashard signing last season...

im jk, i see where your coming from. although if i had to pick a team we are emulating, it would be SA.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

im jk, i see where your coming from. although if i had to pick a team we are emulating, it would be SA.

Yeah I feel you a little on the Spurs, but the thing about that they send there draft picks oversea for a couple years. We can't afford to do that. That why I'm hoping Otis take a couple pages from Joe Dumars book. Dumars has been the most consistent GM when it come to drafting. Take a look at his track record Prince, Maxiell,Stuckey, Johnson, and Affalo. The Pistons has a strong young cord for the future. Dumars snatch all of them through the draft too.That why he one of the top GM in the league today.

We need to have a bench...If we load 50+mil in just the starting 5 we would be screwed if any of those guys fell out due to injury...Sounds nice but we need to look at the depth of our team. We should and will resign Turk. That will be a great start to our depth chart and with Lee and Gortat and a possible Fran at the point we will be just fine...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah I feel you a little on the Spurs, but the thing about that they send there draft picks oversea for a couple years. We can't afford to do that. That why I'm hoping Otis take a couple pages from Joe Dumars book. Dumars has been the most consistent GM when it come to drafting. Take a look at his track record Prince, Maxiell,Stuckey, Johnson, and Affalo. The Pistons has a strong young cord for the future. Dumars snatch all of them through the draft too.That why he one of the top GM in the league today.

not that otis was TRYING to do this, but fran is overseas...so i guess hes developing talent by accident. yes, dumars has struck gold more than once in the draft.

That means that we have 5 players under contract and need to fill 7 plus roster spots with 10 mill. If it's true that this team does not want to go into lux tax then we are talking about getting very close.

Most of the quality bench players this offseason are getting around 3 mill a piece, if we take on 3 of those type of guys then we still have 4 or more spots to fill with about 1 mill left to do so.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

not that otis was TRYING to do this, but fran is overseas...so i guess hes developing talent by accident. yes, dumars has struck gold more than once in the draft.

The only thing I hope Fran is developing is genital herpes.

Do you all honestly believe that Bosh would sign for $10 million a year? I don't think there would be any shot at that. I'm forseeing him looking for a minimum of $15 million a year, but pushing for something closer to $20 million. If the cap space in 2010 is going to be put towards one of these free agents, I think it would wind up being to one of the more mid-level players on the list. The top guys are just going to be asking for too much.

10 mil in cap space is assuming that any additional free agents signed are only inked for one year, and that we don't add a single guarateed/multi-year 1st round draft pick to payroll in the next (2) drafts.

IMO, extremely unrealistic (especially since Otis has demonstrated very little interest in getting creative by taking risky chances).