Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

Also the fact that summer league was taken from Dante and Galante is absurd. Those guys made it 100x better.

"Aaron Gray makes a slow, awkward move in the post.

....And not surprisingly, it gets rejected."

Dante and Galante were perfect announcers for Summer League because they clearly didn't really want to be doing it, had the awareness to realize that Summer League basketball is terrible, and instead chose to just have fun with what they were doing, up-to and including constantly taking emails and in general letting the viewers participate with them.

It made for a much more interesting experience when we had announcers willing to refer to JamesOn Curry as "JamesWayOff Curry", for instance. And I still maintain that OKC should have named their team the Oklahoma City Thundercats, like D&G suggested.

• Upvote 1

Plus they gave Josh McRoberts the nickname McBob which has stuck with him and does not make him happy.

It may not work but so far I have been impressed as hell by his PG play. I was able to attend the 2008 summer league in person when Westbrook was a rookie and Dipo's performance reminds me of Westbrook making his conversion to PG. Hennigan was just hired by the Thunder and had a first hand experience watching them convert a college SG to PG.

You can read some accounts of that summer on Draft express here.

Westbrook summer league

they sound a lot like the reviews Dipo has gotten from the media the past couple days.

Coooooooooool

And, I mean it's not like playing PG will hurt his game. If anything, it'll make him a more aware passer (ala D'Wade) if/when he shifts to SG.

I like what I see from Oladipo at point. He is not there yet, but anyone thinking this experiment will end in the regular season is mistaken.

Reggie Jackson scores 35 to break Travis Diener's summer league scoring record of 34.

The Thunder are showing what good drafting and developement can do for a small market team. They have their own D-League team in state they use to attract young FA's like Orton that have a chance to be developed but not disconnected from the franchise.

Hennigan wants a closer D-League affiliate since ours is on the other side of the country.

I want to see Oladipo explode to the rim today the way Russell does (for those making that comparison) or even Reggie Jackson. Vic has an unreal vertical but just seems like (and maybe it's just hesitancy playing a new position) he's not exploding towards the rim and seems to be trying to bump into contact and play below the rim.

Maybe I've overestimated his athleticism but would like to see a few more highlight plays than just dip head, lean in, throw up shot, go to line. It is summer league after all. Put someone on a poster.

And Kelly Olynyk again just has a ridiculous offensive game. Can score from everywhere.