Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

Am I the only one who thought Maurice looked even more athletic? The two dunks he threw down he got up quicker than I saw him get up last year. Maybe athletic isn't the right word but rather more explosive, quicker? Again though, he needs to stay engaged defensively. Let his man cut back door and drift away from him too many times. When he was on-ball though it seemed like he gave everyone fits.

O'Quinn is solid and produced good numbers in extended time last year. Would like to see more twin tower looks with him and Nik considering both have shown the ability to step out and his a jumper.

I am less worried about Olidipo's turnovers since a few of them were simply players not looking for the ball and others were bad decisions (i.e. cross-court pass that hit the rim). This type of stuff can be cleaned up with coaching and experience.

He was by far our best player on the floor yesterday and created just as much havoc on the court as I remember Russell Westbrook doing in his first summer league.

Harkless and Lamb both looked bigger and more confident on the court....they look to be putting the time in this offseason to improve.

O'Quinn was his usual workman like self. He will have long career playing 15-20 mpg in this league as a back up big.

Nicholson was totally dominated by Olynyck (who is looking like a steal for the Celtics)....I like AN but was hugely let down by his performance.

Osby surprised the hell out out of me and could put AN out of job.

Am I the only one who thought Maurice looked even more athletic? The two dunks he threw down he got up quicker than I saw him get up last year. Maybe athletic isn't the right word but rather more explosive, quicker? Again though, he needs to stay engaged defensively. Let his man cut back door and drift away from him too many times. When he was on-ball though it seemed like he gave everyone fits.

O'Quinn is solid and produced good numbers in extended time last year. Would like to see more twin tower looks with him and Nik considering both have shown the ability to step out and his a jumper.

Nope, I noticed it too. There was a dunk that he got off the left side of the rim jumping from the block. And it happened as soon as he was given the ball, so it he didnt hesitate and took off.

That single play told me that Moe is going to be giving us some good play. The one thing we all have seen from him last year was is timidness at times, but being a rookie you expect that. Its always that second year, after the player is bullied around by the vets, that shows the type of resolve a player has and his determination. Harkless is playing alot more assertive thus far.

Samething for Andrew... I see that he is moving alot faster... I can say that he has progressed from a sloth to a snail...lol - Just kidding. But seriously Drew has worked on his lateral foot movement and has a better frame of mind in terms of where to be. And Drew is showing his smarts a bit on the court. One play in particular was when Celtics had a fast break, believe 2 on 1 with Drew being the 1. Guard had the ball was driving, Drew position himself between the Guard and the rim and team mate and instead of jumping for the block... put his hands straight up and just stood there. Guard couldnt get the shot up or pass out and had to make something out of nothing...which resulted in a TO. Last year, Drew would of went for the guard.... most likely resulting in a pass out to the open man or a And 1 for the guard.

*Late Edit: I know Drew was getting owned by Kelly... But that matchup was not favorable by any means. Kelly is going to be a problem for alot of teams if he comes out like this during the season. Might even steal ROY

Kyle is a bruiser and he continues to be so. Its a perfect fit for the role we need in paint protection.

Osby could end up being SF for us. Don't assume he is going to exclusively be a PF. He prefers the SF position.

I see him as Harris's backup. And I hope to see Harris play more SF this season.

I also think Oladipo will play a lot of PG this year. We will not know until camp who initial starters are, but it is safe to assume that it will take a lot of work from Vic for Jameer Nelson or Afflalo (if still here) to be a sub.

If the Magic can trade Afflalo, then Vic can start at SG. He has such a long reach that any height concerns should be squashed now. I see Vic playing 35 minutes a game and getting 15-20 every game at point.

It makes sense. Next season the Magic are looking at drafting an elite wing in Wiggins, but that is a 25% chance. The reality is that they will be looking at 2 PFs and possibly Smart or Parker. This is why they need to play Oladipo at PG and see what he can do. If we do get Wiggins, he really could dominate the league at SG. Oladipo, Wiggins and Harris is scary good.

If we go for a guy like Smart or Parker, or decide to snag a PF then Vic can be our Harden at SG.

Another option that could happen is the Magic make a run at John Wall and play him and Oladipo together. They could both initiate the offense. We draft SF or PF and are back in the playoffs.

There are a ton of options and for that reason it makes complete sense to play Vic at both positions this year and develop him at a rapid rate. 2014 is going to be the offseason pay back for all magic fans. It will be awesome.

Osby could end up being SF for us. Don't assume he is going to exclusively be a PF. He prefers the SF position.

I see him as Harris's backup. And I hope to see Harris play more SF this season.

I also think Oladipo will play a lot of PG this year. We will not know until camp who initial starters are, but it is safe to assume that it will take a lot of work from Vic for Jameer Nelson or Afflalo (if still here) to be a sub.

If the Magic can trade Afflalo, then Vic can start at SG. He has such a long reach that any height concerns should be squashed now. I see Vic playing 35 minutes a game and getting 15-20 every game at point.

It makes sense. Next season the Magic are looking at drafting an elite wing in Wiggins, but that is a 25% chance. The reality is that they will be looking at 2 PFs and possibly Smart or Parker. This is why they need to play Oladipo at PG and see what he can do. If we do get Wiggins, he really could dominate the league at SG. Oladipo, Wiggins and Harris is scary good.

If we go for a guy like Smart or Parker, or decide to snag a PF then Vic can be our Harden at SG.

Another option that could happen is the Magic make a run at John Wall and play him and Oladipo together. They could both initiate the offense. We draft SF or PF and are back in the playoffs.

There are a ton of options and for that reason it makes complete sense to play Vic at both positions this year and develop him at a rapid rate. 2014 is going to be the offseason pay back for all magic fans. It will be awesome.

Don't see Wall ever being a Hennigan guy. We may take some Calipari guys but I don't think they will be the "look at me" Noel and Wall types.

Watching us run the break yesterday, Kasey Hill would just be too much fun with our wings.

Don't see Wall ever being a Hennigan guy. We may take some Calipari guys but I don't think they will be the "look at me" Noel and Wall types.

Watching us run the break yesterday, Kasey Hill would just be too much fun with our wings.

You don't see an uber athletic PG who can score at will being a Hennigan guy? I think the Magic will make some calls about him.

It's just one example..the Magic will able to do so much next season.

The best part about the new CBA free agency is the $$ is available from multiple teams. You sign a player now and it is because they want to be there.

You don't see an uber athletic PG who can score at will being a Hennigan guy? I think the Magic will make some calls about him.

It's just one example..the Magic will able to do so much next season.

The best part about the new CBA free agency is the $$ is available from multiple teams. You sign a player now and it is because they want to be there.

More an indictment on Wall's attitude just based on the handful of Kentucky fans I know. For the most part, they all look upon him negatively. Diva, would yell at the crowd even at home. All second information but if the picture they've painted for me is true, I just don't see him being a guy we'd bring in considering the type of player we've acquired. Maybe I'm wrong though and Wall is a tremendous talent.

More an indictment on Wall's attitude just based on the handful of Kentucky fans I know. For the most part, they all look upon him negatively. Diva, would yell at the crowd even at home. All second information but if the picture they've painted for me is true, I just don't see him being a guy we'd bring in considering the type of player we've acquired. Maybe I'm wrong though and Wall is a tremendous talent.

He was only 18-19 then. One would assume he has matured by now, but hey, that's not always the case.

Looks like Orton is doing what I said.... coming out and playing a focused game against his former club. In saying that, Kyle needs to take up the challenge of calming Orton down a little bit.