Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

Josh Newman @Joshua_Newman about 2 hours ago

Moe Harkless Says He Could Have Gone Top 5 in 2013, Stands Out in Summer League Opener zagsblog.com/articles/moe-harkless-says-he-could-have-gone-top-5-in-2013-stands-out-in-summer-league-opener/

Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA 2 hours ago

Magic forward Kyle O'Quinn was relentless in his trashing talking directed at Fab Melo, clearly rattled Fab.

Love that our Magic players are building chemistry (and swagger).

Edited by Passenger57

I Love what Rodney McGruder has brought to the Majic. His athleticism and the ability to score 10 points in 13 min is crazy! Just imagine if Mcgruder played more min?

You think Oladipo is undersized for a 2, Soul Bro?

First, I love the kid so far. I think the sky is the limit for him. Beyond his play, him singing today on NBA TV was off the charts. Great personality.

Second, in mentioning his size, I'm thinking of him guarding Kobe sized players down the road. It'll be a true test. Looking at him on the floor, he looks to be the same height as D. Lamb.

I think the last tiny bit of my faith in humanity was lost reading through the last several pages of this thread.

• Upvote 1

First, I love the kid so far. I think the sky is the limit for him. Beyond his play, him singing today on NBA TV was off the charts. Great personality.

Second, in mentioning his size, I'm thinking of him guarding Kobe sized players down the road. It'll be a true test. Looking at him on the floor, he looks to be the same height as D. Lamb.

He has 6'9 length and sick athleticism. He will be fine vs any two guard; just like wade. Did you see the block on the 7 footer?

Hey guys I've been reading these forums a lot during this off season and have finally decided to sign up.

I watched the summer league game this morning and was impressed by the way Oladipo plays with confidence and swag. Looks like he will be a very good leader who will lift the players around him. I think it's a good idea to run him at PG for the summer league. It will give him the opportunity to develop his passing skills and playmaking instincts. In his first game at PG he obviously struggled to run the offense and telegraphed what pass he was trying to pull off way too much. This will improve as he gets used to play making and also gets to know his teammates better, how they play and where they want the ball. Sometimes you could see that he had the vision for the passes but obviously his execution left a lot to be desired most of the time (eg. the pick and roll with O'Quinn where he threw the ball way over O'Quinn and the cross court pass which hit the rim). The most exciting thing for me is the way Oladipo can drive all the way to the rim and either finish or draw the big men and pass the ball to an open teammate for an easy finish!

The player I was most impressed with was Romero Osby. Once we drafted him at #51, I did my research on him and was very impressed with what I saw. He has a wide range of skills, plays strong and does everything! The biggest question for me was whether he could do the same things against bigger, stronger and more athletic bodies with Osby being a bit undersized. I had high expectations for him and last night was a very good start. Very encouraging to see him play confidently and looked very determined. Only time will tell if he can do that in the NBA but I think he will turn out to be a very good player for us coming off the bench.

Harkless looks very promising with the way he can finish at the rim. Hopefully he can become more confidence on the offensive end because sometimes if looks like he is afraid to make a mistake. Love his length and athleticism and I believe he has a very promising future, especially on the defensive end. If he can slowly develop his offensive game and continue developing his corner 3's, he will be a very valuable asset to the magic.

Love the way O'Quinn plays hard and is always putting his body on the line.hemsy not be the tallest guy out there but he is always working hard. Would like to see him finish harder at the rim when he has an open opportunity. His mid range jump shot is also very encouraging.

Doran Lamb shot his corner 3's very well and I was confident he would hit them when he was open and received the pass. If he could become more proactive and get involved more, could develop into a good player off the bench who could provide a scoring punch and space the floor.

Andrew Nicholson was very disappointing. I was a big fan of his last year but I am disappointed at the way he played. I know he isn't the most athletically gifted person, but that should make him want to play harder and hustle! He does have good skills when posting up and also has a decent mid range jump shot. Although to me, it looks like he isn't confident when taking mid range jumpers. When he releases the ball it looks like he is hoping it goes in instead of being confident that it's going in. He needs to play tougher and I hope he does improve as he could be a could scoring option off the bench with his unique post skills.

I can't wait for the next game! And hopefully Tobias plays. Excited to see what improvements he has made :)

• Upvote 1

Love Oladipo's energy. More assists in his first summer league game than he ever had in a college game at Indiana.

Oh, and Andrew Nicholson was awful.

Agreed.

Love that our Magic players are building chemistry (and swagger).

Yea we need more of that. We need tough guys that aren't afraid to mix it up, but can also back their talk up. O'Quinn is a brute down low. I remember his first summer league game last year against Drummond and he was just ripping him to shreds. Olidipo is a no nonsense kind of guy too, and obviously Harris is the same. Now if we could just get Vuch to get a mean streak in him.

Yea we need more of that. We need tough guys that aren't afraid to mix it up, but can also back their talk up. O'Quinn is a brute down low. I remember his first summer league game last year against Drummond and he was just ripping him to shreds. Olidipo is a no nonsense kind of guy too, and obviously Harris is the same. Now if we could just get Vuch to get a mean streak in him.

I think every team needs the emotionless killer to balance out all the hot-heads. Vuc's demeanor reminds me of a certain emotionless San Antonio PF whose face doesn't change from play to play. If other similarities pop up between these two, I'll be an extremely happy camper.