Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

well, that first game was pretty impressive.

can´t wait to see more Oladipo&Osby :headbang:

A tweet from Kevin Durant. RT @kdtrey5: Ro Osby is a steal for Orlando..plays hard

@JoshuaBRobbins

Victor Oladipo's final stat line: 18 pts (5 of 13 FGAs), 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals, 6 turnovers.

Love Oladipo's energy. More assists in his first summer league game than he ever had in a college game at Indiana.

Oh, and Andrew Nicholson was awful.

What world do you live in?.... Chris Paul would slap you for that statement.

He lives in a rational, honest one. Steals certainly don't equate to great defense. In most cases, it's an indicator of someone who gambles a lot (bad defense).

Having said that, Victor doesn't seem to fit that bill.

He lives in a rational, honest one. Steals certainly don't equate to great defense. In most cases, it's an indicator of someone who gambles a lot (bad defense).

Having said that, Victor doesn't seem to fit that bill.

I don't see how that works. To get a steal in the first place you need active hands and the ability to anticipate the *other player. I don't know of any steal artists that aren't great defenders.

I don't see how that works. To get a steal in the first place you need active hands and the ability to anticipate the *other player. I don't know of any steal artists that aren't great defenders.

As said earlier...Monta Ellis

Or, you simply gamble in passing lanes constantly, meaning that you get a steal a few times a game and leave your man wide open twice as often. Like Monta Ellis, or Larry Hughes in his prime. Or Steph Curry. Or Ricky Rubio. Or any number of other players.

Soul's Thoughts - Game 1:

• Oladipo - I like that we're playing him at PG, though he needs a lot of work there. Glad we have him... great energy and defense. He's small for a SG, which concerns me for down the road.
  • Moe - Good athleticism and silky smooth
  • Lamb - Beautiful shooting. If he's hungry, I think he can be similar to JJ down the road.
  • Osby - Good stuff though I think he's too short to play PF.
  • O-Quinn - Tough rebounder down low. Like him.
  • Nicholson - Poor, poor game. Dude is very slow and lacking athleticism. Yes, he can post up ... but is short as a PF.

I like the potential and athleticism of our wings (e.g. Oli, Moe, Harris). However, we're going to get trashed down low this year, as we don't have any good interior defenders.