Sign in to follow this  
Jameera Nelshon

Need a PG?; Arroyo is one of the top restricted agents this summer

quote:
Originally posted by angelitus:

quote:
Originally posted by southernstylistic:

i would love for someone to rationally explain why carlos hasnt ascended to a consistent starting job in the nba. ive cited earlier that hes been in the league 7 yrs with 5 different teams and just as many different coaches. provide a logical factually based reasoning for him not being a starting point for a succesful nba franchise. please explain.. im not saying hes horrible, he is what he is, a mediocre journeyman backup pointguard.

And Maurice Evans is a 6 year with 5 teams guard....so what? Evans is a mediocre guard too?

Both players (Evans and Arroyo) played well during the regular season and help the team to get several victories...I hope Orlando get a descent backup PG for Jameer because he'll need it for his constant slumps.

Good luck with Jameer!!

yes maurice evans is a mediocre guard

jameer is coming off a year where he had a new coach and his dad died. what was carlos' excuse for being a streaky back up?

maybe its not an excuse for carlos, maybe it just is what he is. a so so backup journeyman point guard.

carlos arroyo haiku

carlos warm bench seat

hero nation riding pine

meer better player

Jameer doesn't turn the ball over like Carlos Arroyo.

Did you happen to catch the playoffs? I didn't see Carlos getting any minutes, the coach isn't stupid, there is a reason for that.

Here is what I have to ask the bitter Arroyo fans, if Jameer is so bad, then why is Carlos not startin? That shows how inconsistent and not good he really is. All he does is run up the floor, and take that mid range jumper from the top corner of the key.

quote:
gporter wrote this ignorant post:

Did you happen to catch the playoffs? I didn't see Carlos getting any minutes, the coach isn't stupid, there is a reason for that.

Here is what I have to ask the bitter Arroyo fans, if Jameer is so bad, then why is Carlos not startin? That shows how inconsistent and not good he really is. All he does is run up the floor, and take that mid range jumper from the top corner of the key.

Simple stat to look up: Assist/TO ratio

Nelson's was- 3 to 1

Arroyo's was - 4 to 1

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:
gporter wrote this ignorant post:

Simple stat to look up: Assist/TO ratio

Nelson's was- 3 to 1

Arroyo's was - 4 to 1

CD, let it go, Carlos anyway is going to play for another team. "Mi peque

I think much can be said about Arroyo being a great point guard, but I think the fact that he wasn't able to get PT under SVG means something.

quote:
FENDI posted:

I think much can be said about Arroyo being a great point guard, but I think the fact that he wasn't able to get PT under SVG means something.

Means Otis + Jameerr's stupid contract + Jameer's best friend with franchise player + need to cover up stupid contract = Otis's Job

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:
FENDI posted:

Means Otis + Jameerr's stupid contract + Jameer's best friend with franchise player + need to cover up stupid contract = Otis's Job

priceless.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Duhon is far superior to Arroyo. So that list is ridiculous.

and duhon isnt even that good...so that just tells us about the quality of the points available this summer...

Good point. This is something everyone needs to realize when speaking about the point this summer. If the Magic are going to upgrade the PG position it will be done via trade. Signing a PG this summer with the money the Magic have available would just be a lateral move that will eat up money. If it were possible, the best moves I would suggest would be 1- sign a PF through free agency (there really are some solid, cheap players out there) and 2- acquire a reliable point through trade. I'm not sure both of these are possible, or likely, but those are the two ways I think the team would acquire those positions.

quote:

funny how this is all conspiracy regarding his contract. Sure Jameer has a bad contract but Jameer is also the future of this team. No matter how you look at it, him and Dwight got the extension last year for that exact reason.

Alright that "could" be debatable. But how do you explain that he wasn't even able to get the backup minutes of Dooling?

note: Dooling has a lesser contract than Arroyo

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

Alright that "could" be debatable. But how do you explain that he wasn't even able to get the backup minutes of Dooling?

Because Carlos rol with the Magic was Starting Part-time point guard.Lol,

How can you explain that when Jameer was down Carlos took the starting position and Dooling didn't.

quote:
quote:Posted before by CarlosDarwin:

FENDI posted:

funny how this is all conspiracy regarding his contract. Sure Jameer has a bad contract but Jameer is also the future of this team. No matter how you look at it, him and Dwight got the extension last year for that exact reason.

Dooling was the "excuse" for why SVG did not played Arroyo. Dooling could do the job without exposing the fact that there was a better PG in the team, Carlos Arroyo!