Sign in to follow this  
Jameera Nelshon

Need a PG?; Arroyo is one of the top restricted agents this summer

According to David Berri (occasional columnist for the New York Times Sports section), Arroyo ranks #16 among the top 58 unrestricted free agents available this summer. Among the top unrestricted PGs he ranks #5 behind #1 Baron Davis, #2 Allen Iverson, #3 Anthony Carter and #4 Eddie House. Arroyo is ahead of Chris Duhon (#20), Anthony Johnson #21, Jason Williams #22, Beno Udrich #27 and Kenyon Dooling #31>. Actually, Arroyo is the top unrestricted free agent coming out from Orlando; Maurice Evans is #17 and Bogans is #18.

For the complete list here is the link:

http://www.wagesofwins.com/UFA2008.html

According to David Berri (occasional columnist for the New York Times Sports section), Arroyo ranks #16 among the top 58 unrestricted free agents available this summer. Among the top unrestricted PGs he ranks #5 behind #1 Baron Davis, #2 Allen Iverson, #3 Anthony Carter and #4 Eddie House. Arroyo is ahead of Chris Duhon (#20), Anthony Johnson #21, Jason Williams #22, Beno Udrich #27 and Kenyon Dooling #31>. Actually, Arroyo is the top unrestricted free agent coming out from Orlando; Maurice Evans is #17 and Bogans is #18.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Duhon is far superior to Arroyo. So that list is ridiculous.

and duhon isnt even that good...so that just tells us about the quality of the points available this summer...

i like to know about this list my only question how many peop.is cry.in this moment because think arroyo is no suppose to be 16.i know the comment the person to do the list dont know about bask.you know what happen somebody think diff.because he have a salary and us nooooo.WHO KNOW?

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

I hope that Arroyo is highly valued so that someone will make him a decent offer and we won't have to take him back. Sorry.

I thought the Heat wanted Dooling. It looks like they may want Arroyo instead:

quote:

Miami obtained Kansas' Mario Chalmers, selected 34th overall by Minnesota, in a draft-night trade, but Heat President Pat Riley said that was merely the first step in trying to find a replacement for Jason Williams.

"We will continue to pursue that in free agency," Riley said.

Orlando's Carlos Arroyo and Sacramento's Beno Udrih, both unrestricted free agent point guards, could also draw Miami's interest.

For now, Riley said he considers Marcus Banks the starting point guard.

"It's really his job to lose," said Riley, who also could turn to Chris Quinn. "He's coming in under contract."

Marcus Banks and Chris Quinn as your starting point guards? Riley better start making some trades or signing some free agents! LOL

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper...7/a1c_heat_0628.html

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

That has to be the most convoluted ranking of players I've ever seen. When your formula spits out trash like that, it's time to go back to the drawing board.

I echo these thoughts.