Sign in to follow this  
LJ Magic

Magic Promise to Pick Lee

Like the Redick draft everyone knows what Otis is thinking prior to it even starting. Well, if someone wants Lee they now know exactly what they need to do. Way to hold your cards until the last moment Otis.

Orlando assistant general manager Dave Twardzik contacted Lee's representatives Wednesday night and informed them that he was the team's choice if still available at No. 22. The only factors that could change that would be if Stanford center Robin Lopez or Florida's Marreese Speights were still available -- something that is highly unlikely.

Like the Redick draft everyone knows what Otis is thinking prior to it even starting. Well, if someone wants Lee they now know exactly what they need to do. Way to hold your cards until the last moment Otis.

Orlando assistant general manager Dave Twardzik contacted Lee's representatives Wednesday night and informed them that he was the team's choice if still available at No. 22. The only factors that could change that would be if Stanford center Robin Lopez or Florida's Marreese Speights were still available -- something that is highly unlikely.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

Enough of this business about Otis being secretive. Ugh!!

Exactly. Will everyone please stop arguing that Otis is more clever than we think. His idea of "creative financing" is to overpay. His idea of making changes is to stand pat. His idea of getting the most out of a draft is to inform all 29 other teams exactly what we are thinking. This job is too much for him.

LET ME GET ANGRY EVEN THOUGH WE WORKED LEE OUT MORE THEN ANY OTHER PROSPECT. LET ME ACT SURPRISED BY THIS EVEN THOUGH WE'VE BEEN DISCUSSING THE POTENTIAL DRAFTING OF EITHER LEE/RUSH/or CDR FOR THE PAST 6 WEEKS.

Give it a rest people!

I don't get it.

Bogans doesn't opt out

Magic resign Evans

Magic don't trade JJ

Magic draft Lee

How many shooting guards does this team need?

I am almost certain Bogans is trade bait if all of this happens.

quote:
Houston has offered Luther Head and the No. 25 pick to Washington in hopes of moving up to No. 18 to snag Lee. The Wizards, who are high on Speights, aren't expected to trade their pick.

Indiana, who pulled off a blockbuster Wednesday night with the Toronto Raptors involving Jermaine O'Neal and T.J. Ford, could use the No. 17 pick it acquired from the Raptors on Lee as well.

So - who do the Magic take if one of these scenarios happen and everyone mentioned is unavilable (Lee, Lopez, Speights)?

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

I don't get it.

Bogans doesn't opt out

Magic resign Evans

Magic don't trade JJ

Magic draft Lee

How many shooting guards does this team need?

I am almost certain Bogans is trade bait if all of this happens.

What's not to get? All of those guys you mentioned have been called career backups by just about everyone on this board. Apparently we, and a bunch of other teams, think Lee can be a starter in this league. It's simple.