Sign in to follow this  
RockChalk

Howard Named to 2008 U.S. Olympic Team

howard is probably the most valuable player on the team bc he is the most valuable big. bosh and even boozer to an extent are somewhat soft, and we already have 3 dynamo pgs. and if you wouldnt let your players play, they wouldnt be signing with you, this is the freakin olympics. how many of these players watched the dream team back in the day

quote:
Originally posted by Big EB:

how is competing for a gold medal considered exhibition

In the purest definition, I agree with you.

But it is exhibition from the perspective of the NBA. Again, I'm taking the view from that of an NBA owner that is worried about his investment.

quote:
Originally posted by allstarme:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

We invented the game...

Dr. James Naismith was Canadian.

Very True, but the good Dr. invented basketball in Boston ( USA )

To me......its an honor to have our player representing not only a city, but a "COUNTRY". These are more then exhibition games, these games are to really show the world..who dominates the planet in the sport of basketball. Winning gold for your not only for your city...but for your country is a greater thing. When you worry about it, it won't happen. You take caution and do the right things to prevent it. I'm pretty sure Dwight has taken injury as one of his worries during the World Olympics. Don't worry about it you guys.

although I do agree that there should be at least one more dominant big (i.e. Stoudemire, Chandler, Garrity), you have to remember who we're playing against...

it'll be like playing against the Toronto Raptors multiplied 10 times over...this is international ball...thin little boys who can't hold their ground (except by flopping)...the only guy that could potentially challenge Dwight is Yao, but that won't be a problem either cuz Yao can't beat Team USA by himself...heck, I don't think he can beat Dwight by himself...

even LeBron or Melo backing down in the post against the oppoents PF will be a piece of cake...did anybody watch the FIBAs the past two years?? (especially last year)

I was lookin through the rosters and China has 4 players that are 6'11" or taller. There are no weights listed...which sucks...cuz, like Wang Zhizhi who is 7'0", alot of the Chinese players are tall, but they're skin and bones and lanky enough for Dwight, Bosh, Boozer and even LeBron to run right through them...

Spain has 4 guys 6'10" or over...including such pansies like Pau and Marc Gasol, as well as....you guessed it...FRANNYYYYY!!!

Angola doesn't have rosters listed, and the other two opponents are still TBD

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olym/men/teamPlay/p...eamPlay_teaSear.html