Sign in to follow this  
RockChalk

Howard Named to 2008 U.S. Olympic Team

Sometimes i feel like Howard is pushed too much to the limit in what he is asked for and his game time.

In international games the competition is not afraid to pull out a bench player to hurt a "star" we have seen it so many times.I hope this is not the summer out superstar gets injured....

quote:
Originally posted by JC Aponte:

Sometimes i feel like Howard is pushed too much to the limit in what he is asked for and his game time.

In international games the competition is not afraid to pull out a bench player to hurt a "star" we have seen it so many times.I hope this is not the summer out superstar gets injured....

Exactly. These guys have no business playing in the Olympics, or other international competition. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but if I owned an NBA team, no player under contract with me would participate in these things.

Say what you want about patriotism, and all the other RAH-RAH garbage. These are EXHIBITIONS, and nothing else. A risk that is not worth taking, particularly in lieu of the salary cap structure of the league which would potentially strap a team for years if a player incurred a career-limiting or career-ending injury in an EXHIBITION game.

But no one will complain until it happens to a player on THEIR team.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by JC Aponte:

Exactly. These guys have no business playing in the Olympics, or other international competition. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but if I owned an NBA team, no player under contract with me would participate in these things.

Say what you want about patriotism, and all the other RAH-RAH garbage. These are EXHIBITIONS, and nothing else. A risk that is not worth taking, particularly in lieu of the salary cap structure of the league which would potentially strap a team for years if a player incurred a career-limiting or career-ending injury in an EXHIBITION game.

But no one will complain until it happens to a player on THEIR team.

We invented the game...

We claim we are the best...

So why not go and prove it to the world...

People are worried about injuries and yeah the probability of them happening increase during games. But the truth is, there is always a chance of getting hurt everyday you wake up.

I think its safe to say that we all seen a difference in Dwight after playing in the world championship. He has learned a great deal from playing with other "Super Stars" and playing under coach K.

So im glad to have Dwight represent not only our country, but our small market team who dreams big.

When Team USA wins the gold, Dwight will come back with more knowledge of how to win the other piece of gold... "The NBA Championship".

I posted this a few weeks ago, but here are the olypmic's basketball opening schedules (all times are 12 hours AHEAD of Eastern Time):

http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=2008molyschd

Team USA:

August 10th- vs. China 10:15am ET

August 12th- vs. Angola 8am ET

August 14th- vs. Qualifier C 8am ET

August 16th- vs. Spain 10:15am ET

August 18th- vs. Qualifier B 8am ET

Gold Medal game will be August 24th at 2:30am ET

and we'll be there. don't you worry bout a thing.

**Qualifiers A, B and C for the 2008 Olympics men's basketball competition will be determined through the 2008 FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament for Men, July 14-20, in Athens, Greece.

quote:
Originally posted by allstarme:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

We invented the game...

Dr. James Naismith was Canadian.

Maybe he meant the greater 'We', the 'North American' we... lol