Jay Magic

Welcome To The Orlando Magic Victor Oladipo

I see so much of Dwyane Wade in his game is unbelievable. His motor is unreal and he jus won't quit. Wasn't sold on him last week but love the pick now, especially after watching this highlight film:

Watch "Victor Oladipo Complete Highlights (with epic end): IU Basketball" on YouTube -

• Upvote 4

Hey everyone have you seen the Indiana "ola depot" shirts that mirror the Home Depot logo? I believe he's here to help us have a lock down 2/3 with harkless. In a couple years he will be the perfect complement to the superstar we will land. His comparison player will likely bee Andre Iguodala.

If we end up with the Bledsoe Trade and Afflalo is shipped out he could average

Ceiling

14ppg

6rpg

3apg

1.5spg

Realistic

9ppg

4.5 rpg

2apg

1spg.

All of this while being our go to defender. He could be a double double machine in the future!

Go Magic

I love the pic. I see a competitor. I see ambitious. I see character. I see flashes of Wade and Jordan. I see pride in individual defense. However..I'm blind when it comes to the future....as well as everyone else. Welcome Victor and let your positive ambitions guide your future.

Right now, the team has improved. The roster changes have flashed. We've gone from a bench with depth and a stacked roster to bad contracts to stacked promising rookies in a blink of..about 4 years. This changes..are happening rather quickly.

Our next move...summer league. If this team...really improves at an unexpected level.....we'll probably be too good next year. Some of these guys may have to sit out.

Thus...a long extended offseason begins..and my tenth year as a Magic fan begins.

We will. rollbaby.gif

Another Hoosier fan stopping by to congratulate you on picking Vic. You couldn't have made a better pick.

I have been watching Indiana basketball for 40+ years and I have never seen a player work harder, improve, play tougher defense and change the work ethic of the program like Vic has. His attitude is contagious. Coach Crean credits him (and Sr guard Will Sheehey) along with Cody Zeller with the awesome turnaround with the program.

I was at his first Hoosier Hysteria (what other college fans call Midnight Madness) and in the dunk contest he jumped over 6 kids. That was the extent of his ability at the time. Now look at him. Regardless of what the media says about Noel being the best D player in the draft, Vic plays straight up man on the other teams best players. He doesn't float in the lane and cherry pick like Noel. He hit the game winning 3 against Temple in the NCAA tourney, he's not afraid of the moment and his outside shot has improved TREMENDOUSLY. He can get to the basket and finish. HE WILL NOT BE OUT WORKED!

All from a player that was ranked 140+ coming out of high school.

You will love him. He will be a fan favorite. He won't be the next Jordan or Wade. He WILL be the first Victor Oladipo, and you have him Congratulations again.

• Upvote 7

Oladipo seems to be the most "Henny" guy in the draft. You know he's going to play 100% every night.

Otis Smith left us with peanuts and Henny has turned it into Oladipo, Harkless, Harris, Vucevic, and I'll throw O'Quinn and Nicholson in there. Can't wait to see what we get out of Afflalo, BBD, and Howard's TPE.

Didn't you say this about Nicholson last season. :creaturedance:/>

O you mean the guy that lead the team in points per minute and shooting efficiency? I know I'm a homer but don't get why Andrew always gets ragged on. His defense will get better.

With that said I ABSOLUTELY wanted Oladipo. I was starting to accept the clippers trade talk for Nicholson but hated it. I fell in love with this team last year and will continue to root for them. Harkless and Oladipo on the floor at the same time has me feeling kinda nice in my underwear.

:D

Victor was the one I wanted for this team for his attitude and leadership alone. The defense, motor, work ethic, and everything else is just a bonus.

Welcome, Oladipo!

I must say that im seeing a little Westbrook in Victors play. Absolutely violent when he hits the paint for a dunk. His defense gives the looks of a young of Gary Payton, sticky and active hands with a high IQ and good agility. I also like Victors awareness and ability to react on the fly. I hope he continues to be as assertive and aggressive here.

We have a tough division full of quick players, James, Wade, Teague, Kemba, Wall,etc. Victor will have a good feel of what the rest of the league will be like after playing this bunch in multiple occasions. I personally think he will do well with his 6'9 wingspan (longer than McLemore) and speed.

Im pretty happy with this pick. Welcome to the team Victor. As a defensive type player myself, I must say that I like your attitude and cant wait to see you work them on D. This team has definitely moved in a great direction.

Nelson

Victor

Harkless

Harris/Andrew (depend on matchup)

Nikola

Not a bad looking squad for an addition of 5-7+ wins.

Welcome to the Orlando Magic Family Victor

I'm already giddy at the prospect of Oladipo, Harkless, and Harris on the floor together at the same time....

......CHAOS!!!!!

We just need the right PG to play with these guys! The best part of all this, we get to see that trio on the floor in 1 week!!!!

Speaking of summer league, I won't be surprised to see the staff play VO & Harkless at the 1 & 2. I remember when Vaughn coached the Spurs summer league, he was telling Kawhi to be aggressive all game and to do stuff he normally wouldn't do during the season. Fast forward to the end of the season and you see Kawhi was very aggressive in that game 7.

I see a lot of potential in him, I think he has the highest potential in the draft, but I worry about his size, I feel he is small for the 2 guard, I think big guards like Paul George will dominate him, and history will tell you that you don't become a champion with 2 small guards, it has never led to success, but I trust in Henny and I like Victor's work ethic so maybe this is a move in the hopes he can transition to be a PG and become our future PG.