Jay Magic

Welcome To The Orlando Magic Victor Oladipo

Is Victor Oladipo the Next Michael Jordan? - Link

Conclusion

Oladipo compares very well to Jordan in terms of several efficiency stats and is worthy of a very high pick in this draft. His offensive numbers suggest that he will score efficiently in the NBA. His defensive metrics suggest he will be an above-average defensive player. Oladipo should make an enormous impact as a rookie and, based on our metrics, he should be considered a front-runner for rookie of the year.

As for the Jordan comparison ... we’ve left out above a few important differences. For instance, Oladipo took only about 22 percent of Indiana’s shots when he was on the floor, whereas Jordan took almost 32 percent when he was at North Carolina. With fewer shots, Oladipo still turned the ball over more than Jordan, turning it over on 21 percent of his possessions. Jordan’s amazing ability to limit turnovers showed itself in college where he turned it over only on 14.5 percent of his possessions.

It is always tempting to compare athletic shooting guards to Michael Jordan. Oladipo has several characteristics that make it even more tempting, and he looks like a good top-3 pick, as Jordan was. But let’s reserve judgment on whether he can reach the heights of Air Jordan. a.

"Vic" is what the other players at Indiana called him. On the Indiana message boards, we'd use that or just VO if we didn't spell out Oladipo.

Vic is cool

Didn't you say this about Nicholson last season. :creaturedance:/>

if i did i did.........people can be wrong.

Nicholson is a good pick for 19 though

Good pick and I'm definitely satisfied with Oladipo. I've been saying Victor should and will be the pick for weeks now. I just knew he was a Henny type of guy with his work ethic and most importantly, his character.

Very happy to see him on board to get us to where we need to be. I'm always for a player with his will to get better. You gotta respect that as a fan.

WELCOME TO ORLANDO MAGIC BASKETBALL VICTOR OLADIPO. WE WILL

I think Oladipo's work ethic is going to fill the void that JJ left behind. What a great attitude, and he is only going to grow as a player (again, I can see him growing the same way JJ did each year he was here, but with the added benefit of great athleticism and already elite defense).