the notorious S.A.C.

Dwight Decision Thread - Update on Page 10

The Lakers local broadcasting rights alone are worth 200-250 million dollars a year.

Buss complains in that article about having to give some of that money away due to profit sharing, but the idea that the Lakers aren't still ludicrously profitable is absolutely ridiculous.

Hell, the media deal alone is worth more than the total annual operating expenses of most entire franchises.

Well Forbes only has the Lakers at a $48 million profit and with the new increase in revenue sharing would actually put them at a loss(?) but I'm not actually sure if they've taken the broadcasting deal into account so I'm a little confused. I was only trying to defend that the new CBA isn't a inconsequential penalty for the Lakers.

Don't be too mean in your reply or else I'll have to PM you for a fistfight challenge.

Well Forbes only has the Lakers at a $48 million profit and with the new increase in revenue sharing would actually put them at a loss(?) but I'm not actually sure if they've taken the broadcasting deal into account so I'm a little confused. I was only trying to defend that the new CBA isn't a inconsequential penalty for the Lakers.

Don't be too mean in your reply or else I'll have to PM you for a fistfight challenge.

Those numbers were from before their new media deal took effect(it starts this year, I believe), and are based off the Lakers having a total revenue of just south of 200m.

They'll be more than doubling their annual revenue with their new media deal.

Also from Forbes. Notice the listed revenue number.

Those numbers were from before their new media deal took effect(it starts this year, I believe), and are based off the Lakers having a total revenue of just south of 200m.

They'll be more than doubling their annual revenue with their new media deal.

Also from Forbes. Notice the listed revenue number.

For the Lakers' revenue to increase by $200m/y due to a "new media deal worth $200m/y", the current media deal would have to be worth $0.

Previous Lakers media deal for tv rights: 30m per season

New deal: estimated between 200m per season and 250m per season

Total increase: between 170m and 220m, depending on whose estimates on the deal's total value you believe.

PS: Zara's crush on me is no longer adorable. It's now just sad.

I find it interesting that when Orlando was trying to keep Dwight we were just pathetic fans begging someone to stay. But when the Lakers are trying to keep Dwight, none of that is perceived or even hinted.

Its time for LA to face the music, she gave it up to too many people and Kobe doesnt want to share. Dwight is leaving after he gutted your team and others because you couldnt polish his knob good enough. And you look even more desperate than Orlando.

Winner of the Dwight Saga: Orlando - Analyst should start anteing up on the props for our GM.

I find it interesting that when Orlando was trying to keep Dwight we were just pathetic fans begging someone to stay. But when the Lakers are trying to keep Dwight, none of that is perceived or even hinted.

Its time for LA to face the music, she gave it up to too many people and Kobe doesnt want to share. Dwight is leaving after he gutted your team and others because you couldnt polish his knob good enough. And you look even more desperate than Orlando.

Winner of the Dwight Saga: Orlando - Analyst should start anteing up on the props for our GM.

Dont underestimate the power of the dark lord David Stern in influencing Dwight to stay in LA. I wouldnt doubt he tells Dwight if you dont stay Ill have the refs foul you out in the first quarter every game. That being said its too funny watching such a proud franchise be turned into common street beggars. I even feel somewhat indebted to his doucheness in a small way. Just watching them kiss his arse is poetic justice after all the pillaging they have done to small market teams over the years all the way back to Kareem. Mitch will probably be serving up his wife with a tub of astroglide for a shot at Dwight's 6th illegitimate child soon enough. Thank god the circus left Orlando some time ago.

Dont underestimate the power of the dark lord David Stern in influencing Dwight to stay in LA. I wouldnt doubt he tells Dwight if you dont stay Ill have the refs foul you out in the first quarter every game. That being said its too funny watching such a proud franchise be turned into common street beggars. I even feel somewhat indebted to his doucheness in a small way. Just watching them kiss his arse is poetic justice after all the pillaging they have done to small market teams over the years all the way back to Kareem. Mitch will probably be serving up his wife with a tub of astroglide for a shot at Dwight's 6th illegitimate child soon enough. Thank god the circus left Orlando some time ago.

Wow, now that's good stuff!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - you can't blame Dwight Howard for the Lakers turning into desperate high school girls when he flat out told them "No, I am not re-signing".

This is one instance where Dwight isn't dicking anyone around. The "circus" this time around is absolutely manufactured.

I think David Aldridge did on NBATV last night

How did the Lakers gut their team for Dwight Howard? They got a free rental on the best center in the league by giving up a center with degenerative knees. The alternate universe version of the Lakers that convinced Bynum to sign an extension isn't happy right now.