Sign in to follow this  
Admin

GM Otis Smith Signs Contract Extension

Magic also ink Assistant GM Dave Twardzik to extension

June 2, 2008

Orlando, FL - Orlando Magic President Bob Vander Weide announced today that General Manager Otis Smith has signed a multi-year contract extension. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.

Magic also ink Assistant GM Dave Twardzik to extension

June 2, 2008

Orlando, FL - Orlando Magic President Bob Vander Weide announced today that General Manager Otis Smith has signed a multi-year contract extension. Per team policy, terms of the deal are not disclosed.

Wow.....

I'm sure many people will complain, but I am kinda happy. New GMs will make mistakes, and if we did end up replacing Otis down the line than we would have to go through the same mistakes all over again. Hopefully Otis has learned from his mistakes, which he definately has made, and can put a better ballteam on the court year after year.

Ugh! If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Otis under contract for this upcoming season?

What is it with Magic management that encourages them to offer up contract extensions the year before they are due?

IMO, they should have waited one more year to see if Otis' plan can lead to anything more than another post-season disappointment against the Pistons.

WHY???? I think this is the year we see if he will be the team GM. If the Devos family wants to throw some $ around then I will take some.

Why not let Otis sweat it out a little this year and see if he can handle the pressure.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Wow.....

I'm sure many people will complain, but I am kinda happy. New GMs will make mistakes, and if we did end up replacing Otis down the line than we would have to go through the same mistakes all over again. Hopefully Otis has learned from his mistakes, which he definately has made, and can put a better ballteam on the court year after year.

I wonder what could be your opinion if Otis Trade Jameer.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Ugh! If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Otis under contract for this upcoming season?

What is it with Magic management that encourages them to offer up contract extensions the year before they are due?

IMO, they should have waited one more year to see if Otis' plan can lead to anything more than another post-season disappointment against the Pistons.

In what promises to be a very influential off season for this franchise and its direction toward the desired goal, it would've paid to wait. All his plans come to fruition now. I think our window is open, but theres still a breeze that could turn wind.

With that said I don't hold disappointment, not at all, I like stability, but I think it could've held off based on that if.