Sign in to follow this  
D-BoFats

Building a TRUE team... Magic Steps to Success!!!

Size and strength make a good defender? Then Hedo, Battie etc. should be great defenders and I don't believe they are. Size strength and quickness are very important but BB IQ is just as important. Knowing where the passing lanes are, knowing where the player is going, how to turn your player into the help defense. Size and strength can't do that...brains will. And JJ has that!

quote:
Originally posted by magic07:

Size and strength make a good defender? Then Hedo, Battie etc. should be great defenders and I don't believe they are. Size strength and quickness are very important but BB IQ is just as important. Knowing where the passing lanes are, knowing where the player is going, how to turn your player into the help defense. Size and strength can't do that...brains will. And JJ has that!

Ahh I see I have annoyed a J.J. fan. No worries I like J.J. but he is just 6'4 and no amount of BB IQ is going to allow him to be 3 inches taller. It doesn't matter if you know how to send a player to the help if he is just shooting jumpers over your head. J.J. can be a better defender once he gets that BB IQ that you speak of but we won't ever use the word good and defender in the same sentence when talking about J.J.