Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Orlando Magic Artwork

Cool ;)/>

What do you think of us having sleeved jerseys this season? A lot of people don't like the idea.

I think it'll take some getting used to. I'm not sure what it really adds to the game, and it's not like the current jerseys are an impediment to the players. So, my opinion is that it's unnecessary, but something all fans will probably get used to after a few years. I don't buy NBA jerseys, but I would probably be less inclined to buy a sleeved one if I did. Part of the appeal of jerseys for any sport is the novelty of it, which having sleeved jerseys that basically look like t-shirts takes away.

Cool ;)/>

What do you think of us having sleeved jerseys this season? A lot of people don't like the idea.

I would LOVE sleeved jerseys ... I have a bunch of jerseys and can't wear them anywhere because they have no sleeves and I'm not as skinny as I used to be anymore. Having sleeves, I can wear them no matter what. I'd be soooo pumped if this were to happen.

I would LOVE sleeved jerseys ... I have a bunch of jerseys and can't wear them anywhere because they have no sleeves and I'm not as skinny as I used to be anymore. Having sleeves, I can wear them no matter what. I'd be soooo pumped if this were to happen.

Agreed. Enough of this flapper nonsense. And cover your ankles, you whippersnappers!

I think it'll take some getting used to. I'm not sure what it really adds to the game, and it's not like the current jerseys are an impediment to the players. So, my opinion is that it's unnecessary, but something all fans will probably get used to after a few years. I don't buy NBA jerseys, but I would probably be less inclined to buy a sleeved one if I did. Part of the appeal of jerseys for any sport is the novelty of it, which having sleeved jerseys that basically look like t-shirts takes away.

Yep it seems like most other major sports employ some form of sleeve or sleeve accessories (of course in some sports they are a necessity), so while the NBA definitely has its own niche cut out (pun intended :D ), I'm sure they'd sell as many jerseys--if not more--if they were to go sleeved (largely because of those unwilling to expose their shoulders or wear an undershirt).

That being said, I don't really buy jerseys either (at least not for myself) and don't really think the sleeves are a practical idea (seems more like another attempt to move away from the hood image)... but honestly speaking, I would actually be more prone to buying one if they were sleeved...

Yep it seems like most other major sports employ some form of sleeve or sleeve accessories (of course in some sports they are a necessity), so while the NBA definitely has its own niche cut out (pun intended :D/> ), I'm sure they'd sell as many jerseys--if not more--if they were to go sleeved (largely because of those unwilling to expose their shoulders or wear an undershirt).

That being said, I don't really buy jerseys either (at least not for myself) and don't really think the sleeves are a practical idea (seems more like another attempt to move away from the hood image)... but honestly speaking, I would actually be more prone to buying one if they were sleeved...

As I sort of hinted at, I think it's really a matter of how the jerseys look. They need novelty to sell. If they look like a t-shirt with a team name on the front, nobody's paying $80 for that when they can get the same type of shirt at Wal-Mart. Other sports' jerseys still have novelty. football jerseys look like jerseys in their fabric and style. Same with hockey, soccer, and baseball. They are different than normal shirts. IMO, basketball jerseys can't look like the shirts that had in summer league if they want to sell. But, again, I wouldn't buy them anyway.

130211191104-warriors-jersey-021113.story-body.jpg

The Warriors had a short sleeved jersey and it looked awesome. They can be the same material, I don't even care.

They look like soccer jerseys. I think it could work. I think there will be mixed feelings from the general fans. I know these jerseys got bad mouthed by some when they first debuted.

From a player's perspective, it's probably difficult to get used to. You may not have the flexibility... or, maybe it doesn't matter at all. So that has to come into play as well I think.

From a player's perspective, it's probably difficult to get used to. You may not have the flexibility... or, maybe it doesn't matter at all. So that has to come into play as well I think.

I think that depends on the material of the jerseys. Also, if having sleeves disrupts their abilities that much, they shouldn't be in the NBA.

... or maybe not at all :D