Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

No adjustments made against Pistons

My biggest worry the last two games was that the Magic would be physicaly rough on Stuckey. He seemed a little nervous out there - trying to do too much and getting some stupid fouls, making akward passes, his shot selection also wasn't the hottest. If the Magic could have roughed him up I think you would have seen him get in some serious foul trouble, and he would have stopped driving to the hoop (which is his strength). That would have put Lindsay Hunter in the game more - we all love Hunter, but he is like 40 years old and extended minutes would not be good for him.

Stuckey got two early fouls last game, then the Magic just ignored him - too bad for you guys.

quote:
Originally posted by Emperador:

How in the world you say that those coaches play the same way everytime. I have an advice to you: Next time you sit to see the game, dont look the ball, see the court, see the players moving without the ball, put attention to the help and recovery in defense and look at the way that people defend the pick n roll....for example and then, tell me how those coaches "play the same way"....

Most good coaches will make adjustments in every game they coach. You need to make adjustments, teams don't always play the same depending on who is on the floor and who isn't able to play during a game. Look at the games that Billups wasn't able to play. The Pistons' coach made changes in his game plan to adjust for Billups not being on the floor. SVG didn't make the changes he needed to make, which costs the team. But what cost the Magic the games they lost were their poor free-throw shooting and turnovers.

quote:
Originally posted by Emperador:

How in the world you say that those coaches play the same way everytime. I have an advice to you: Next time you sit to see the game, dont look the ball, see the court, see the players moving without the ball, put attention to the help and recovery in defense and look at the way that people defend the pick n roll....for example and then, tell me how those coaches "play the same way"....

I honestly dont think your watching the games very closely. Phil Jackson runs the same scheme that hes always run, Jerry Sloan the same, Byron Scott the same, Pat Riley the same. The only difference is players. Pat Riley won his championships because of the players he had. Same with Jackson, same with Scott. They all had and have lean years when the players they had just werent good enough to get to the top. But they all have aquired players to make their systems successful and have reached very high levels of success.

Its all about the right players in the right system and SVG did a great job with the players he has.

52 wins with 2 career backups and an undersized PG. Not bad in my book