Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

TNT/"Orlando Magic are cooked"

TNT/Magic, Charles and Kenny say the Orlando Magic are cooked. They believe the NJ Nets and the Miami heat will make the playoffs and the Orlando Magic will not.

Orlando doesn't have a 2nd player that can score from the outside. The flaws that have caused Orlando to slip so badly should have been found by now so they don't expect a turn around. Also, the team doesn't have veterans, like Miami, that can turn it up to make the playoffs.

They also feel that their is not much difference between 2nd place and 8th place in the East but Orlando doesn't have the trust factor that is needed to separate itself.

They also said the team did well in the early part of the year because the other teams didn't know what to expect. The competition made adjustments and have us figured out. We haven't made adjustments to counter act this.

I am in agreement with the comments by TNT.

Are the players serious about the playoffs?

Grant Hill recently said some of the players stopped smiling(while losing). This has been a complaint with some of you lately about Jameer Nelson.

In regards to Brian, Penny was right!

TNT/Magic, Charles and Kenny say the Orlando Magic are cooked. They believe the NJ Nets and the Miami heat will make the playoffs and the Orlando Magic will not.

Orlando doesn't have a 2nd player that can score from the outside. The flaws that have caused Orlando to slip so badly should have been found by now so they don't expect a turn around. Also, the team doesn't have veterans, like Miami, that can turn it up to make the playoffs.

They also feel that their is not much difference between 2nd place and 8th place in the East but Orlando doesn't have the trust factor that is needed to separate itself.

They also said the team did well in the early part of the year because the other teams didn't know what to expect. The competition made adjustments and have us figured out. We haven't made adjustments to counter act this.

I am in agreement with the comments by TNT.

Are the players serious about the playoffs?

Grant Hill recently said some of the players stopped smiling(while losing). This has been a complaint with some of you lately about Jameer Nelson.

In regards to Brian, Penny was right!

I do agree that one of the main reasons we are losing is because we don't have a wing player that can help Dwight. However, the 16-5 record we had on our first 21 games, speaks for itself. This team is capable of winning games without a dominant wing player, consistency is the issue.

i think the reason we're losing is because we have a retard instead of a coach. we have 2 great 3p shooter on our roster but they aren't playing. we have a great young SF who plays great D but he only plays 20mpg, hedo, a defensive genius is starting. jameer running the offense? here's the spurs game. look at this, at 80-77 jameer has the ball, he doesn't know what to do with it, no passes, no play, just individual ****. after some offensive rebounds he finally made the 3pointer but that's not it...

2 months ago i'd have said that there's no way we miss the playoffs but congrats mr.brian hill, you're on the best way to do that...

It is hard to find much fault in what they are saying. However the season is far from over and one injury can shake things up pretty quick.

The Nets also have the toughest schedule left, Miami the easiest.

Tonight's game is huge for us, we have beaten the Spurs the last two times we played them. We match up better to them than a lot of teams in the league. Dallas is nearly unbeatable right now, so we need tonight to survive the tough stretch and still be in the hunt.

Hill's plan to make the playoffs: Do exactly what he has been doing all season....very sad. He made a statement yesterday about not liking all the turnovers...hey, Hill, it's been a problem all year and you haven't done anything about it yet. The fans , as evidenced by 95% of the posts here, have divorced you! What don't you understand about having a team that consistently loses?

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

I have mentioned several times on this board that MJ said the EXACT same thing about Brian Hill the year that the Bulls swept the Magic in 4 games. Before game 4 he was asked what kind of adjustments the Bulls were anticipating to make in game 4. Michael LAUGHED at the interviewer, stating that they had handily beat the Magic in the 3 previous games, but the Magic (i.e. - Brian Hill) still had not made a single adjustment, so why should they?

It floors me that Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Charles Barkely all recognize that Brian Hill is incapable (or too bull-headed and arrogant) of making any adjustments.

I will continue to repeat this phrase:

Brian Hill would rather lose doing things his way, than to win by doing things any other way. It is more important to him to be right than to be a winner.

So, again, how does our ownership not see what everyone else, from us lowly fans to the greatest players this game has ever seen, see ?!?

Asia #1, please forgive me for saying something bad about your dad.

When this stuff is posted I laugh and the reason being is due to the credentials, for example trade week. They were really on the ball with that one.

Who are they to say that we are cooked? They are just career over players who speak there own opinion.

This team has good parts to it and can be successful. It needs tweaks here and there but cooked, please!

Plenty of sources point to the fact that B Hill is playing his veterans because he wants to make the playoffs, and honestly, I think his job depends on it. From a business standpoint, the owners have to know how much money a great Orlando team would bring, not to mention a new arena that people wouldn't mind so much if Orlando was that winning team. It is obvious that B Hill's plan is not a far seeing one, based on developing players for the future. Smith has more vision than B Hill in this department. I would guess that they are knocking heads regularly, but then why does nothing change? If B Hill didn't take this team to the playoffs using his method, it would be a stain on his career and unforgivable. Afterall, if he didn't want the playoffs, why not chalk this season up to getting this team where it needs to be in the future by playing the young "future" instead of the vets and others that may not even be here in one or two seasons.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

I will continue to repeat this phrase:

Brian Hill would rather lose doing things his way, than to win by doing things any other way. It is more important to him to be right than to be a winner.

Totally agree and that is exactly why he needs to go!