Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Jameer coming alive - something else to talk about inbetween Ref bashing!

Nelson started picking it up late in the game. The kid can play and he needs to be more of a scoring threat - again the more he scores the more assists he'll get, the easier it will be on Hedo, Rashard and Howard.

The Pistons are very focused on Hedo and Howard and Nelson needs to light them up. He can do it and when he gets on a roll this team gets on a roll. I would be happy to see Nelson go off for 30 on Wednesday.

This maybe the coming of the Nelson we have long awaited for, but he still has to show it - it is still mostly potential with Jameer - he needs to bring it 4 out of 5 nights - like he did against Toronto - so far with the Pistons he brought it 1 out of 2 nights and last night he started bringing it. Hopefully the rest of the series he will bring it - no problem with Jameer scoring and taking shots.

Nelson started picking it up late in the game. The kid can play and he needs to be more of a scoring threat - again the more he scores the more assists he'll get, the easier it will be on Hedo, Rashard and Howard.

The Pistons are very focused on Hedo and Howard and Nelson needs to light them up. He can do it and when he gets on a roll this team gets on a roll. I would be happy to see Nelson go off for 30 on Wednesday.

This maybe the coming of the Nelson we have long awaited for, but he still has to show it - it is still mostly potential with Jameer - he needs to bring it 4 out of 5 nights - like he did against Toronto - so far with the Pistons he brought it 1 out of 2 nights and last night he started bringing it. Hopefully the rest of the series he will bring it - no problem with Jameer scoring and taking shots.

If i'm Stan, and Hedo and Shard continue to go through long stretches of missing shots, I make Jameer my second option and tell him to attack the h3ll out of Billups.

I thought him fouling out was a crucial loss to our chances of winning. He was definitely steppin up in crunch time when the pressure was the heaviest. How many 3's did he hit? I lost count!(lol)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I thought him fouling out was a crucial loss to our chances of winning. He was definitely steppin up in crunch time when the pressure was the heaviest. How many 3's did he hit? I lost count!(lol)

I totally agree - when he is on a roll like that he is dangerous and he was on a roll. I couldn't see the foul they called on him on tv -not sure if it was a good call or not, but if he were in there that may have been the difference maker - the guy has ice in his veins and he loves it. When he is hot he wants to punish and he loves the big shot and usually delivers.

I know it's a little late for that, but I would love to see his role increased as Hedo's decreases in this series.

Apparently Hedo is not strong or fast enough for the Pistons, while Jameer can be a tough guy to defend because of his will and speed.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPhan732:

If he will only be able to play some defense, he just allowed 28 points to Chauncey, lol

He certainly has stepped up offensively, but he is just going back to his own self that has been repressed to ascertain the PG role Stan wants. The problem is that as he gets back tohis agressive offensive style he looses his ball distribution role that is also important for the win. Then the recurrent theme of he coming off the bench as an offensive threat for a very weak bench, again arises. Will he taking the role of go to man assure our win when the opposing PG's are running their plays smoothly?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicPhan732:

If he will only be able to play some defense, he just allowed 28 points to Chauncey, lol

He wasn't the only one covering Chauncy - whoever is covering Chauncy on our team needs help - Bogans tried to cover him at times as well. I thought Nelson did reasonably well.

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I totally agree - when he is on a roll like that he is dangerous and he was on a roll. I couldn't see the foul they called on him on tv -not sure if it was a good call or not, but if he were in there that may have been the difference maker - the guy has ice in his veins and he loves it. When he is hot he wants to punish and he loves the big shot and usually delivers.

wich makes meer an excelent short shooting guard.

Part of why he's been effective is that he's been taking what's been given to him...not forcing things. Encouraging him to be the 2nd option is only going to make things much worse. Let's face it, if Hedo doesn't get things going we're toast. We're going to need him to shoot well at home if we're going to make this at all interesting.