Sign in to follow this  
alex30

NBA Playoffs 2008-Detroit Pistons at Orlando Magic Game three 5/7

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

i have a feeling the magic are going to blow out the pistons tonight...

...all detroit has done so far is maintain home court, thats nothing at this point.

Agreed. We have been playing mediocre for a bit and winning. I feel we get a great overall game from our guys tonight.

Even though we are down 2 and in quite a controversy over the shot not counting and what not. I am still a Magic fan, and I know this.

We are down, but not out.

So as long as we still have a chance, I will believe. Everybody should feel the same way as me, we are fans of the Orlando Magic. We have Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Rashard Lewis, and oh my god where did he come from Jameer Nelson.

All we need to do tonight is get some Hedo and we will be a better team. I promise, Hedo will rise up and play his heart out in the next four games. You can quote me on that.

I just want everyone to remember where we were at this time last year.

A 40-42 record, 8th seed in the playoffs after a collapse in the middle of the season, and swept out in the first round.

The worst case scenario is Detroit sweeping us again. EVEN if that happens, we need to remember how successful a season this is. The goal for every franchise should be to improve at least a little every season. If you keep doing that then obviously you'll eventually win a championship, if not multiple championships.

We won 12 more games than last year, won our division while Miami sank to rock bottom of the same division, and made it of the first round for the first time since Noah built the ark.

No matter what happens from here on out, let's not forget that this has been a good Magic season after so many years of "bad" or "mediocre" ones.

Now with that being said...... let's find our 3 pointers and our ball-handling skills again and beat the holy hell outta the Detroit Trash Talkers.

just a few things that were said at shoot-around today...

"We have to just be smarter," commented Hedo Turkoglu about Orlando's play. "We had a few turnovers because we were rushing a little bit. We just need to slow down a take our time and work the inside/outside game."

"We have to play more solid basketball," Van Gundy added. "We have to make fewer defensive mistakes, take care of the ball better, and make better decisions with our shooting."

"Every game is important for us," stated Turkoglu. "Being down 2-0 it is on us now to protect our home court. We just need to win these two games and go from there."

"It is really important," continued Nelson, "because we have to protect our home court and if we don't, we put ourselves in a bigger hole."

We can finally expect to see our guys more focused tonight...

GO MAGIC !!!!!!!!!

I don't see us blowing out the Pistons. We had some big leads vs the Raptors but never really blew them out and Detroit is 100x better with much more confidence playing against us.

That plus Detroit has basically dominated us the first two games because they are the better team. They are definitely taking us seriously and they want to end this series as soon as possible so I

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I just want everyone to remember where we were at this time last year.

A 40-42 record, 8th seed in the playoffs after a collapse in the middle of the season, and swept out in the first round.

The worst case scenario is Detroit sweeping us again. EVEN if that happens, we need to remember how successful a season this is. The goal for every franchise should be to improve at least a little every season. If you keep doing that then obviously you'll eventually win a championship, if not multiple championships.

We won 12 more games than last year, won our division while Miami sank to rock bottom of the same division, and made it of the first round for the first time since Noah built the ark.

No matter what happens from here on out, let's not forget that this has been a good Magic season after so many years of "bad" or "mediocre" ones.

Now with that being said...... let's find our 3 pointers and our ball-handling skills again and beat the holy hell outta the Detroit Trash Talkers.

Sky, this is not to put you down but if the Pistons sweep us again I would be extremely disappointed if not upset.

I'm sure the majority of Magic fans will have ample opportunity in the long summer months ahead to express their dismay also.

My feelings.

Come on people...

I've said since the beginning of the season...

I realistically would be happy if we made it to the 2nd round and we did.

But as long as we got any chance to make it to the finals ...

I'M GOING TO BELIEVE WE CAN DO IT...

IT doesn't end until the fat lady sings and I haven't heard those notes yet.

LET"S GO FANS...BELIEVE IN OUR MAGIC ...

Until the end.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Come on people...

I've said since the beginning of the season...

I realistically would be happy if we made it to the 2nd round and we did.

But as long as we got any chance to make it to the finals ...

I'M GOING TO BELIEVE WE CAN DO IT...

IT doesn't end until the fat lady sings and I haven't heard those notes yet.

LET"S GO FANS...BELIEVE IN OUR MAGIC ...

Until the end.

You might be happy to get to the 2nd round Jack, but, if the Pistons take us out in 4 or 5 games get ready for the Otis bashing cause it'll get real heavy.

Trust me...

I've been here long enough to know what to expect...LOL

That's why I keep BELIEVING

I can deal with it all {I hope}...LOL

Just keep BELIEVING and it will happen.