Sign in to follow this  
alex30

NBA Playoffs 2008-Detroit Pistons at Orlando Magic Game three 5/7

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

quote:
Originally posted by noypi_magic:

oh man, im watching the bos-cle game and its ugly as hell. boston is playing scared and james have been sucking it up. i think the one who goes through our series will eventually be the EC champs. so go now magic win these two at hpme then anything can happen

No my friend. It's called Defense. Maybe if we had some of what cle and bos had we wouldn't be down 0-2 right now. In the NBA size matters. We have none. Some might call this game ugly but I see stellar D. These guys got their rotations on lock.

its not exactly stellar, its boston throwing all 5 guyz once lebron isos. but i agree that clevelands bigz clogs the paint very effectively. if boston keeps having this games, they are very prone to be beaten, at home at that.

i juz wish we could have won that last game, sucks to be screwed.

The Magic need to bring it and make life miserable for the Pistons. They need a swagger like JJ used to have on the floor with Duke. In their face every time they score. No words have to be spoken! No jestures! They're on Magic turf now! Take it to them Magic!

I may be a lone voice here but I think the Magic are actually a better team than the pistons. I know the score doesn't suggest it and I know the regular season position of 3 compared with 2 doesn't make my argument any stronger BUT...

The pistons didn't win game 2, we lost it. Even though the NBA reffing system needs a major overhaul it wasn't the refs that changed the game, it was our lack of belief in ourselves as a team - (although Jameer has it in bucketloads - respect). We choked. 17 turnovers, poor ball handling, poor ball movement and choice of shots and I refuse to believe it had anything to do with pistons pressure - we put pressure on ourselves. Our composure was poor and we forgot how **** good we actually are.

We are at home now, latterly a good place to be. I think if the guys truly believe then they can take it in 7 - I really do think on our night we can take any team, we've proved it in the past.

Monday night we played badly apart from some moments in the 1st half and an amazing show in the 3rd, we played bad - and still we came close to winning. If we can play like we can play it's in the bag.

The Magic remind me of the joke about the jehovah's witness who when knocking at doors gets asked to come inside by this one person. He sites them down, offers them something to eat and drink and says, "OK, now what is it you want to tell me?" The Jehovah's witnesses look at each other and reply,"I don't know, it's the first time this has happened to us." (no offense to any JW- it's just an old joke).

The magic now find themselves in the 2nd round and it's like they don't know what to do, because this team hasn't been here before.

Just do what you know what you are capable of and we win tonight and the series.

BTW the game starts at 1 am here in the UK, but I'll be watching. GO MAGIC

quote:
Originally posted by magicintheuk:

I may be a lone voice here but I think the Magic are actually a better team than the pistons. I know the score doesn't suggest it and I know the regular season position of 3 compared with 2 doesn't make my argument any stronger BUT...

The pistons didn't win game 2, we lost it. Even though the NBA reffing system needs a major overhaul it wasn't the refs that changed the game, it was our lack of belief in ourselves as a team - (although Jameer has it in bucketloads - respect). We choked. 17 turnovers, poor ball handling, poor ball movement and choice of shots and I refuse to believe it had anything to do with pistons pressure - we put pressure on ourselves. Our composure was poor and we forgot how **** good we actually are.

We are at home now, latterly a good place to be. I think if the guys truly believe then they can take it in 7 - I really do think on our night we can take any team, we've proved it in the past.

Monday night we played badly apart from some moments in the 1st half and an amazing show in the 3rd, we played bad - and still we came close to winning. If we can play like we can play it's in the bag.

The Magic remind me of the joke about the jehovah's witness who when knocking at doors gets asked to come inside by this one person. He sites them down, offers them something to eat and drink and says, "OK, now what is it you want to tell me?" The Jehovah's witnesses look at each other and reply,"I don't know, it's the first time this has happened to us." (no offense to any JW- it's just an old joke).

The magic now find themselves in the 2nd round and it's like they don't know what to do, because this team hasn't been here before.

Just do what you know what you are capable of and we win tonight and the series.

BTW the game starts at 1 am here in the UK, but I'll be watching. GO MAGIC

I agree, in a way, but that belief in yourselves, and your team are part of the team. If the Magic can't beat Detroit because they don't believe they can, then they are not the better team... yet.

Finally I found a place where intelligent discussions about the Magic are taking place.

I agree with the last poster "If the Magic can't beat Detroit because they don't believe they can, then they are not the better team... yet."

Yeah, I see where the last comments are coming from.

What I mean is we have way more talent, IMO Detroit just seem to grind it out, we have flair and skill.

But I do take your point about belief and I guess that's where the pistons (and to a degree the celtics this year) come up big winners... BUT NOT TONIGHT.

Everything will be just fine. Even if we lose this series this will not be the end. This core players are just the beginning of a good, solid team. Pistons evolved into what they are now. It took them several years. Magic also need several years. AT LEAST WE, THE MAGIC FANS NEED SEVERAL YEARS TO GET DISAPPOINTED OF THIS TEAM. WHAT DID THIS TEAM PROMISE US IN THE BEGINNING? FINALS? CONFERENCE FINALS? NONE OF THEM. THEY TRULY DESERVE OUR AFFECTION FOR COMING THIS FAR. PERIOD.

i have a feeling the magic are going to blow out the pistons tonight...

...all detroit has done so far is maintain home court, thats nothing at this point.