Sign in to follow this  
alex30

NBA Playoffs 2008-Detroit Pistons at Orlando Magic Game three 5/7

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

Sky - great write-up, I look forward to your take on the games!

I disagree with Arroyo over Bogans - but I see where you're coming from. Even though Keith is pretty inconsistent on offense, he usually brings it on D. Detroit's strength in the backcourt has me convinced Bogans needs to be in there, he is an above-average defender,and every now and then - he's a great defender. There were a few plays I noticed he had Rip *blanketed*, which was huge, because Rip was hot there for a while..

How about Gortat? He has been an upgrade over Foyle. I've been impressed with his gravity.. (yes, gravity lol) He's held his own under there. It's a small change, but when we get production with Dwight on the bench, it's huge.

Overall, this was a fantastic win to keep the series alive, brothers and sisters!

Let's tie it up on Saturday. I hope Billups is healthy so we can prove ourselves against a complete DET line-up.

Thank you!

It's not just about Carlos v. Bogans, also that it puts Dooling at the shooting guard as well. I think he's too good a player to not give minutes, but I also don't usually want him at point guard either (unless Hedo is the pseudo point-forward and Dooling just plays the 1 for defensive purposes and shooting/driving the ball rather being asked to manage the offense).

Basically, I think with SVG basically wanting to use a 9 man rotation we'd lose the least if Bogans was the odd man out. I do recognize though his ability to hit timely threes and play defense, I'm much MUCH happier with the potential-rich bench we have in this era rather than the thorough lack of bench we used to have in the Shaq & Penny days.

I'm so impressed with what Augie and Gortat have done in limited minutes.. thanks to the two of them I'm flip-flopping off the "bring Fran over" bandwagon. I'd rather continue to develop those two guys, I have more faith in that than trying to get something done with Franny.

I think they can both become rotation players. Tony Battie and Adonal Foyle aren't getting any younger, we need a frontcourt plan for when Battie's career is over. Hopefully that plan is basically Gortat, Augustine, and a big man draft pick this summer at #21.

quote:
Originally posted by Pistonsfan4life:

Hmmm....I was looking forward to seeing the Pistons sweeping the Magic again...but I can live with 4-1...DEEETROIT Baasketball!

but can you live with 2-4 Detroit basketball?

quote:
Originally posted by magicforall:

quote:

Hmmm....I was looking forward to seeing the Pistons sweeping the Magic again...but I can live with 4-1...DEEETROIT Baasketball!

no he cant because he would duck out before it gets that far.

quote:

quote:

Won't happen this year, maybe in a year or two. Good luck in game 4.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:

quote:

Won't happen this year, maybe in a year or two. Good luck in game 4.

Please stop with the "Deeeetroit Basketball"... I'm leading a crusade against that crap. Starting here.

So... STOP!

But anyway, no, you will not get Game 4.

Chop off the head and the body will die... that's all I'll say.

Turns out that your team sucks without Chanel Biglips. Sowwy buddy-boy.