Center Rasheed,Bold Spot

act_rasheed_wallace.jpg

PPG 14.0 RPG 5.90 APG 2.0 EFF + 16.38

PF Jason Maxiell

act_jason_maxiell.jpg

PPG 7.3 RPG 6.50 APG 1.6 EFF + 14.88

Game Preview Done By Skywise

Here's the preview:

Well we showed in Game 2 that we can compete... against the Pistons. Not the Pistons AND David Stern along with his jailbird referees, but against the Pistons nonetheless.

The keys are gonna keep being the same all series and maybe all playoffs:

* Rebounding on both ends.

* Keeping turnovers low and forcing Detroit turnovers to start fast breaks.

* Getting to the line fairly often and then hitting our free throws when we get there!

Of course the more 3 balls we make, the more of our mistakes they'll erase. If we play the same way we did Monday except for about 5 less turnovers and Hedo actually being Hedo, then we win Game 3.

So that's really all that needs to happen. Maintain the things we started to do right and correct the few things we sucked in. Dwight needs to keep being Dwight, especially on the defensive end in the paint. Rashard and Jameer were also going well in Game 2, but Hedo needs to return to being Mr. 4th Quarter and not Mr. Silly Turnover. That and protecting the ball a little better, we win by 5 or 10 points easy.

Of course it would also be nice if the referees stayed the hell out of the way and actually call it 50/50 the whole way through... instead of making terrible calls for one team and then try to make it up to that team with some terrible make up calls in their favor. However, that may be a bit much to ask from the NBA.

I think much like Toronto did to us in Game 3 we come out to a good first quarter behind a hot crowd and then even though Detroit tries to put a run on us in the 2nd quarter because our bench sucks, we grind it out in the 2nd half to hang on for the win and force Piston Fan (aka Co**y Whiners) to put the brooms away.

Finally, the Magic prove that they aren't coached by Brian Hill any longer.

Detroit Pistons - 92

Orlando Magic - 96

Available on TV:

TNT

TNTHD

Radio:

http://www.nba.com/broadband/alp_schedule.html

http://580wdbo.com

Spanish Radio: AM 1030 WONQ

Sirius: Channels 127

Internet:

Most of these sites use the internal Windows Media Player for IE and Firefox.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/

Stats/Boxscores:

(Updated throughout the game)

Yahoo! Sports

ESPN Scoreboard

NBA.com Scoreboard

LINKS POSTED BY JACK DANIEL

Check out Game preview...

i hope they don't cut it.

Click on listen live

http://www.mogulus.com/sgtv1

http://lostrealist.com/

P2P Streams...

http://www3.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=11654&part=sports

bwi.jpg

Magic need to execute flawlessly to tie series with Pistons

By TRAVIS REED, Associated Press Writer

Posted May 6 2008 2:27PM

Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Celebrate the Tradition

Magic Home

Pistons Home

2007-08 Stats at a GlanceORLANDO, Fla. (AP) The Orlando Magic know what it takes to beat the Detroit Pistons.

Take care of the ball. Don't force shots. Find the open man. And don't get frustrated.

They have done that for stretches of their second-round, best-of-seven series - none more impressive than a 36-point third quarter in a 100-93 loss on Monday.

They just haven't done nearly enough of it.

"We made some bad decisions and some tough shots down the stretch, and got away from playing the way that we had played when things were going well,'' Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said.

Down 2-0 to a team that has made five straight appearances in the Eastern Conference finals, the Magic realize they'll have to play a nearly perfect game when the series returns to Orlando on Wednesday.

The biggest culprit Monday was the Magic's 19 turnovers, compared with Detroit's 10.

"When you turn the ball over you aren't giving yourself a chance, and we just have to do the little things like that, as well as not letting them get the offensive rebounds,'' Orlando guard Jameer Nelson said. "There are just some things that we need to take care of. We have great competitors in this locker room that compete really hard, and we just turned the ball over.''

Orlando has now lost nine straight playoff games to Detroit, dating back to last year's 4-0 first-round sweep by the Pistons and a 2003 series in which Detroit won the last three games to overcame a 3-1 deficit. One more loss would tie them with three other teams for the second-longest postseason losing streak to one team in NBA history.

After making just two of 15 3-pointers in Game 1, the Magic found their touch on Monday. Orlando made 11 of 26 - including seven straight in the third quarter. But the Magic shot only 1-of- 9 from long range in the decisive fourth quarter.

"That's what they do - that's the scary part of playing this team,'' Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "They go through runs of making 3's where you're saying that it's never going to go in. And I'm sure in the fourth quarter (Van Gundy) was saying, 'Are we ever going to make another one?'''

Magic All-Star Dwight Howard ditched a brace protecting his left thumb Monday, saying he couldn't grip the ball with it. The injury helped limit him in Game 1, but Howard returned to form without it Monday to collect 22 points and 18 rebounds.

"There were a lot of passes and rebounds that slipped right out of my hand,'' Howard said. "It was fine in practice the other day, but before the game the ball was slippery, and I just had to get rid of it.''

The Magic should be due for some good fortune. Besides Howard's injury in the first game, the team caught a bad break on an important 3-pointer by Chauncey Billups at the end of the third quarter. Billups made the 3, but TV replays showed the clock should've run out. It froze, and officials were left to guess how much time the Pistons ran off before the shot. They guessed wrongly, but NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed the refs weren't allowed to consult a replay.

Later Monday, Orlando's flight home was diverted to Cincinnati after a mechanical problem. The players had to spend the night there before returning home Tuesday afternoon, when they were given the day off to rest.

The Pistons practiced Tuesday in Detroit, pleased with their 2-0 series lead but convinced they could do better. Detroit gave up a 12-point second quarter lead and even trailed 84-80 in the fourth on Monday before the Magic fell apart. Orlando made only two field goals in the game's last seven minutes after taking that four-point lead.

"I thought we could have played a lot better. I thought that when had them down, we had a big lead, we didn't kind of step on them,'' Pistons guard Richard Hamilton said. "We went away from what got us there. I think we'll do better next game.''

nbaplayoffs08zl0.jpg

GAME STARTS 800PM EASTERN TIME

Series 2-0 detroit leads

GAME 3

ROUND 2

DETROIT

det.gif

AT

MAGIC

orl.gif

AND HERE IT IS OUR ORLANDO MAGIC

team_main_120207.png

OUR STARTING LINEUP

Point Guard,Jameer,Nelson

0607game21_vs_pistons2.jpg

2008 Playoffs StatisticsPPG 15.5 RPG 3.30 APG 4.8 EFF + 15.83

Shooting Guard,Maurice,Evans

PIST500_molayin_021908.jpg

2008 Playoffs StatisticsPPG 7.7 RPG 2.70 APG 0.5 EFF + 6.83

Small,Forward,Hedo,Turkoglu

DET500_turkscoop_012508.jpg

PPG 17.8 RPG 7.70 APG 5.2 EFF + 19.67

Power,Forward,Rashard,Lewis

vsPISTONS500_lewdunk_012108.jpg

PPG 18.8 RPG 8.20 APG 4.0 EFF + 22.00

Center,D12,Aka,Superman

0607game55_vs_pistons2.jpg

PPG 20.8 RPG 16.50 APG 1.3 EFF + 30.83

PISS-ONS STARTING LINEUP

PG Chauncey,Billups

act_chauncey_billups.jpg

PPG 17.5 RPG 3.50 APG 6.4 EFF + 18.12

SG Richard,Hamilton

act_richard_hamilton.jpg

PPG 18.6 RPG 4.90 APG 4.0 EFF + 16.00

SF Tayshaun Prince

act_tayshaun_prince.jpg

PPG 15.9 RPG 6.00 APG 3.4 EFF + 19.50

Center Rasheed,Bold Spot

act_rasheed_wallace.jpg

PPG 14.0 RPG 5.90 APG 2.0 EFF + 16.38

PF Jason Maxiell

act_jason_maxiell.jpg

PPG 7.3 RPG 6.50 APG 1.6 EFF + 14.88

Game Preview Done By Skywise

Here's the preview:

Well we showed in Game 2 that we can compete... against the Pistons. Not the Pistons AND David Stern along with his jailbird referees, but against the Pistons nonetheless.

The keys are gonna keep being the same all series and maybe all playoffs:

* Rebounding on both ends.

* Keeping turnovers low and forcing Detroit turnovers to start fast breaks.

* Getting to the line fairly often and then hitting our free throws when we get there!

Of course the more 3 balls we make, the more of our mistakes they'll erase. If we play the same way we did Monday except for about 5 less turnovers and Hedo actually being Hedo, then we win Game 3.

So that's really all that needs to happen. Maintain the things we started to do right and correct the few things we sucked in. Dwight needs to keep being Dwight, especially on the defensive end in the paint. Rashard and Jameer were also going well in Game 2, but Hedo needs to return to being Mr. 4th Quarter and not Mr. Silly Turnover. That and protecting the ball a little better, we win by 5 or 10 points easy.

Of course it would also be nice if the referees stayed the hell out of the way and actually call it 50/50 the whole way through... instead of making terrible calls for one team and then try to make it up to that team with some terrible make up calls in their favor. However, that may be a bit much to ask from the NBA.

I think much like Toronto did to us in Game 3 we come out to a good first quarter behind a hot crowd and then even though Detroit tries to put a run on us in the 2nd quarter because our bench sucks, we grind it out in the 2nd half to hang on for the win and force Piston Fan (aka Co**y Whiners) to put the brooms away.

Finally, the Magic prove that they aren't coached by Brian Hill any longer.

Detroit Pistons - 92

Orlando Magic - 96

Available on TV:

TNT

TNTHD

Radio:

http://www.nba.com/broadband/alp_schedule.html

Spanish Radio: AM 1030 WONQ

Sirius: Channels 127

Internet:

Most of these sites use the internal Windows Media Player for IE and Firefox.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/

Stats/Boxscores:

(Updated throughout the game)

Yahoo! Sports

ESPN Scoreboard

NBA.com Scoreboard

LINKS POSTED BY JACK DANIEL

Check out Game preview...

i hope they don't cut it.

Click on listen live

http://www.mogulus.com/sgtv1

http://lostrealist.com/

P2P Streams...

http://www3.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=11654&part=sports

bwi.jpg

Magic need to execute flawlessly to tie series with Pistons

By TRAVIS REED, Associated Press Writer

Posted May 6 2008 2:27PM

Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Celebrate the Tradition

Magic Home

Pistons Home

2007-08 Stats at a GlanceORLANDO, Fla. (AP) The Orlando Magic know what it takes to beat the Detroit Pistons.

Take care of the ball. Don't force shots. Find the open man. And don't get frustrated.

They have done that for stretches of their second-round, best-of-seven series - none more impressive than a 36-point third quarter in a 100-93 loss on Monday.

They just haven't done nearly enough of it.

"We made some bad decisions and some tough shots down the stretch, and got away from playing the way that we had played when things were going well,'' Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said.

Down 2-0 to a team that has made five straight appearances in the Eastern Conference finals, the Magic realize they'll have to play a nearly perfect game when the series returns to Orlando on Wednesday.

The biggest culprit Monday was the Magic's 19 turnovers, compared with Detroit's 10.

"When you turn the ball over you aren't giving yourself a chance, and we just have to do the little things like that, as well as not letting them get the offensive rebounds,'' Orlando guard Jameer Nelson said. "There are just some things that we need to take care of. We have great competitors in this locker room that compete really hard, and we just turned the ball over.''

Orlando has now lost nine straight playoff games to Detroit, dating back to last year's 4-0 first-round sweep by the Pistons and a 2003 series in which Detroit won the last three games to overcame a 3-1 deficit. One more loss would tie them with three other teams for the second-longest postseason losing streak to one team in NBA history.

After making just two of 15 3-pointers in Game 1, the Magic found their touch on Monday. Orlando made 11 of 26 - including seven straight in the third quarter. But the Magic shot only 1-of- 9 from long range in the decisive fourth quarter.

"That's what they do - that's the scary part of playing this team,'' Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "They go through runs of making 3's where you're saying that it's never going to go in. And I'm sure in the fourth quarter (Van Gundy) was saying, 'Are we ever going to make another one?'''

Magic All-Star Dwight Howard ditched a brace protecting his left thumb Monday, saying he couldn't grip the ball with it. The injury helped limit him in Game 1, but Howard returned to form without it Monday to collect 22 points and 18 rebounds.

"There were a lot of passes and rebounds that slipped right out of my hand,'' Howard said. "It was fine in practice the other day, but before the game the ball was slippery, and I just had to get rid of it.''

The Magic should be due for some good fortune. Besides Howard's injury in the first game, the team caught a bad break on an important 3-pointer by Chauncey Billups at the end of the third quarter. Billups made the 3, but TV replays showed the clock should've run out. It froze, and officials were left to guess how much time the Pistons ran off before the shot. They guessed wrongly, but NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed the refs weren't allowed to consult a replay.

Later Monday, Orlando's flight home was diverted to Cincinnati after a mechanical problem. The players had to spend the night there before returning home Tuesday afternoon, when they were given the day off to rest.

The Pistons practiced Tuesday in Detroit, pleased with their 2-0 series lead but convinced they could do better. Detroit gave up a 12-point second quarter lead and even trailed 84-80 in the fourth on Monday before the Magic fell apart. Orlando made only two field goals in the game's last seven minutes after taking that four-point lead.

"I thought we could have played a lot better. I thought that when had them down, we had a big lead, we didn't kind of step on them,'' Pistons guard Richard Hamilton said. "We went away from what got us there. I think we'll do better next game.''

Nice job Alex, looks good.

Im sitting here with a major hangover after last nights game, I usually dont let a game affect me after its over but last night was tough.

We played hard and had a chance to win, but it didnt happen. This series is a learning process that will hopefully translate for years to come

But all that said, we need to win this game as much as any game.

Hopefully our crowd gives us a nice lift and we execute

Magic 110-95

We have no choice true fellow Magic fans. We need this win very bad. Actually, we need to win our next two home games to even stand a chance. Anything less than winning the next two games will probably end our playoffs run.

i was so frustrated last night...i even refused "going to the movies" with the girlfriend. Man. i'm still bummed, how can the association known as the NBA allow the referees to completely control games in the 2nd round of the darn playoffs.

OH well.. ON TO VICTORY MAGIC!!

next 4 games are ours baby. i'm not worried one bit.

In Stan's own words: "FAWKING BULL****"

Get ready for MAGIC to happen, baby.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by lujack24:

All i can say is detroit basketball.

I am sorry you have such a small vocabulary.

Which is why you're one of my two favorite female fans in the message boards. That and your awesome game threads. The others are just plain annoying.