Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Which duo of Magic players would you rather build your team around?

You've been given a time machine, and the GM job for the Magic. You're told you can start your team, building around two Magic players. Of these two combos, which would you rather have?

Hedo '08 and Shaq '96 or

Dwight '08 and Penny '96

You've been given a time machine, and the GM job for the Magic. You're told you can start your team, building around two Magic players. Of these two combos, which would you rather have?

Hedo '08 and Shaq '96 or

Dwight '08 and Penny '96

Assuming I would get a healthy Penny i'd take him with Dwight. I feel Penny was the 2nd best guard in the NBA bhind Jordan and I think he would of gone down as one of the best players ever. So I clearly like him better than Hedo.

As far as Shaq and Dwight are concerned, the 96 version of Shaq was better than the current version of Dwight, but I think Dwight is close to getting there.

So it's Penny and Dwight for me.

That is a tough one. If I'm starting a team, and I know that 96 Penny is healthy but he's going to washout in a few years then I guess I would take Penny and Dwight and trade Penny ASAP. Is that against the rules?

HA !!! I just thought of another angle, because I expect that the Dwight/Penny combo will easily win out.

What if we added that the coach of the Dwight/Penny team was Brian Hill, but the coach of the Shaq/Hedo team was SVG.

We know that Penny hated BHill, and Shaq hated both of them.

But the two combos are close enough, that I think that SVG would make the difference.

BTW, I voted Shaq/Hedo, mainly because I think most of us forget just how truly dominant Shaq was. As much as I like Dwight, he doesn't come close to what Shaq was then.

Sorry, I'm not trying to truly add this to the poll; just a random thought...

I'm with Kberto - if Penny could have stayed healthy, we could have been one of the greatest ever. Of all the players that have left us, that situation was probably the saddest.

Man, what a wasted talent.

I posted in other thread, but here I go again.

If the question is, which two would you take to play with the current roster, it is obvious I would take Penny and D12.

Penny was the second best guard behind MJ and was an excellent PG too at 6'7. We all know that with a PG of his quality, and moving Rashard to SF, we would win the east and probably the whole thing.

I too thought Penny would make one of the best players to play the game.

There is no comparison between him and Hedo really.

Shaq was way better than Dwight is now, and I think D12 will never be as good as him.

However, he can be the most dominant big man in the league without reaching Shaq's level.

Just give me a healthy Penny.Nothing more.I even can be dominant with him.Seriously though, what a wasted talent he was..