Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

Ricardo Ledo vs John Wall and Jameer Nelson

Ledo, Ricky 6' 6'' 197.2 wingspan 6' 7.25''

#2 Prospect in High School and never got chance to play college because of grades.

Scout.com 2011

I am not sure how many people have see this but I had the vision of Ricky Ledo at pg and Victor sg. I know ricky would be a project but I think he is a risk worth taking. Nice combo guard. He was playing pg at Providence. I thought this would be lost in the epic pages of the Draft thread. But I wanted to talk about ricky alone. So what is the forms option? I would take him any where from 15-30th.

Ricky verse NBA Players (John Wall and Jameer Nelson)

He has good upside.

More Videos below:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ricardo-ledo

Strengths: Great size for a shooting guard to go along with top notch scoring instincts ... Very advanced handle used to create separation ... Able to create his own shot from a variety of places on the court, adept at changing speeds ... Has a great ability to see the floor, willing passer ... Played PG many times throughout his prep career, can be relied upon as primary ball handler at times ... Potential to guard multiple positions as well as fill multiple positions in an offensive set ... Can stretch the floor, has a high release on his shot ... Quick hands that give him an advantage on both sides of the court ... Finishes well with either hand, hard to force into a weak spot ... Can move quite well laterally, has definite potential to be a solid wing defender ... High basketball IQ, seems to have a natural ability and sense of where to best operate on the floor ... Deceptive athlete if not an explosive one, which is really what makes his offensive skill set something to constantly taken into account as an opposing defender ... Wild card prospect with a lot of upside ...

I've heard a lot of draft pundits predicting Ledo to be the biggest sleeper in the draft. We'll see, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him if we somehow get an extra pick somewhere.

I suppose we should keep an eye on this kid, but that ugly form and 6'7 wingspan doesn't exactly get me excited.

I suppose we should keep an eye on this kid, but that ugly form and 6'7 wingspan doesn't exactly get me excited.

Though his form looks ugly and he sometimes shoots off bounce, he is said to be one of the best shooters in the draft. Some think he could have been the best scorer in the country.

BMac has a 6"7 wingspan and no one says anything.

The fact that Ricky Ricky Ricky can create offense and play pg is what sets him apart.

Though his form looks ugly and he sometimes shoots off bounce, he is said to be one of the best shooters in the draft. Some think he could have been the best scorer in the country.

BMac has a 6"7 wingspan and no one says anything.

The fact that Ricky Ricky Ricky can create offense and play pg is what sets him apart.

Right, I don't think that anyone is impressed by Benny's wingspan (actually there were a number of discussions regarding his size once the combine measurements came in), but he also has a shot mechanic and vertical lift that makes him difficult to contest.

I see Ledo as a combo guard who will likely spend most of his time at the 2, and hence I do not find his size to be impressive. Plus, there are already more proven combo guards in the draft (albeit with slightly shorter wingspans). Of course if he were a pure point guard, this would be an entirely different discussion. But he isn't, and has said so himself.

That being said, I'm not saying that he won't turn into anything special - nor that it wouldn't be sweet to have Rico Suave on your team. He might be worth a gamble, and I'd really like to see how far in the draft he falls.

He'd be an interesting pickup in the second round if Schroeder is gone. I will say that those bad grades preventing him from getting into college ball raise a couple flags, though. I mean, how hard is it to get good enough grades to graduate freaking High School?